Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need one of you smart persons to calculate a few outputs for me to the best of your ability.

I need:
1) Peak Hp estimates for 1st thru 5th during stock boost (I think it's somewhere close to 9 psi for 1st and 2nd then 14 for 3rd~5th).

2) Peak Hp estimates for 15 psi in all gears.

I'm researching the BoostMonkey and trying to get a realistic view of the performance it could give.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
The boost monkey has a throttle switch to trigger full boost. If that happens to be 15psi, you can expect about 235HP from your WRX. The gearing doesn't directly effect engine HP, unless you have a silly ECU that's stingy with the boost in first and second gear.

No even having more boost, but just having full boost in all the gears makes a HUGE difference in how the WRX accelerates. You're in for a treat.

-Jim

koyokid said:
I need one of you smart persons to calculate a few outputs for me to the best of your ability.

I need:
1) Peak Hp estimates for 1st thru 5th during stock boost (I think it's somewhere close to 9 psi for 1st and 2nd then 14 for 3rd~5th).

2) Peak Hp estimates for 15 psi in all gears.

I'm researching the BoostMonkey and trying to get a realistic view of the performance it could give.

Thanks.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I was thinking. You really can feel differences from one take off to the next in the WRX. One launch will shoot you into the back of your seat and the next will just be adaquate. I did replace the stock resistor with a 3/16" piece and have noticed better consistency in the lower gears. I'm hoping the Monkey will give even better results and still retain the drivability and fuel efficiency of stock. I'll be picking one up later this month so I'll be sure to post a full review.

Thanks

·
Registered
242 Posts
I noticed the same result with the 3/16" connector, seems that boost is more stable, it peaks higher, and stays there. I haven't gotten any of the wavering that was discussed on the i-club.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts