ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of buying a 2004 WRX and it has alot done to it already, but I'm pretty sure that i can replace some of the parts with new ones, to make it sound better and be faster then it is. What parts would you get for it?

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
What performance parts does it currently have? Are you looking to go faster on a drag strip, on an autox course, on the street? Might make it easier to give an answer.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
The general rule is to stay away from modded Subarus because too often the mods have been done wrong and you're buying a time bomb and money pit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Right now, It has a STI body kit, carbon fiber hood, red neon installed has a stage 2 turbo, aftermarket cold air intake and aftermarket exhaust both from Cobb.

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
04KevinWRx said:
Right now, It has a STI body kit, carbon fiber hood, red neon installed has a stage 2 turbo, aftermarket cold air intake and aftermarket exhaust both from Cobb.
Skip it.

Exterior parts are generally only used on cars driven by a younger driver, who is more apt to beat on it.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
Stay away, "STI body kit" and "red neon" are enough to scare me away.

It is extremely rare for a modified car to be driven like a hearse, so when you look at buying a modified car always assume it's been beaten to death. It will save you a lot of money, time, and heartache down the road.

Sent from my Droid 2

1 - 6 of 6 Posts