ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do these 2 units work well together. like will it mess anything up with the utec since it already has a preset boost map. is my car gonna run alright if i change the profec B boost settings up or down. dont know too much about this booster controller, but thought it would be alot better than the abc that comes with the utec. my mods are vf22,sti pinks, 255fp, utec, uppipe, 3" tbe, and the new DR725 intercooler on it way in about a week. just wondering if i should get the profec B or not. and also will HKS headers do anyhting for me at all besides give me a headache. thanks for all the info.

Mike

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
im using the greddy profec b spec II with utec. and it works fine. i have more control over boost than using the utec boost controller.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I cant comment on the profec b, but I can tell you that I am running a Turbosmart E-Boost which is also a electronic boost controller and I have had no problems. The utec basically will be able to read the boost pressure but has no controll over it. Plus having a digital readout of the boost is nice, as well a a little beep when I hit full boost.

caelin~

·
Registered
309 Posts
I'm running the GM BCS which changes the way the UTEC controls boost. Its much more direct boost control and the boost response is better. It only costs about 17 dollars and installs in a half hour. You may want to try it out before buying a more expensive solution.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts