ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
note: i own a 2004 wrx.
with that in mind, the cheapest i can find the prodrive springs for is $301 shipped. the tein h-techs would set me back around $175 shipped. looking at the #'s: prodrive = 1.5 front, 1.0 rear. tein = 1.4 front, .6 rear. ride height very similar but are the prodrives really a lot nicer spring worth $115 more? im asking about performance since ride height is comparable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Kheovnien said:
note: i own a 2004 wrx.
with that in mind, the cheapest i can find the prodrive springs for is $301 shipped. the tein h-techs would set me back around $175 shipped. looking at the #'s: prodrive = 1.5 front, 1.0 rear. tein = 1.4 front, .6 rear. ride height very similar but are the prodrives really a lot nicer spring worth $115 more? im asking about performance since ride height is comparable.
Actually you are a little off on the Tein's. it is 1.8 in the front and .7 in the rear unless you have the wagon which is 1.0 in the front and .9 in the back.

Anyway, I actually just had my H techs installed today and even without an alignment done yet, I absolutely love them. The handling is sooo much nicer (high speed cornering is much more fun :thumbup: )and alot of the ugly wheel gap is gone.

Hope that helps
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow. I would rather buy the teins for the price but only if they are good quality. Anyone think the prodrives are worth the extra dinero?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
598 Posts
tein is the #1 spring manufacturer in japan if that tells you anything. prodrives are made by eibach. either way you can't go wrong. i have a hard time paying $300 for springs though and teins drop a lil too much upfront for me. i went with prokits for my '04.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,588 Posts
WRXSleeper said:
tein is the #1 spring manufacturer in japan if that tells you anything. prodrives are made by eibach. either way you can't go wrong. i have a hard time paying $300 for springs though and teins drop a lil too much upfront for me. i went with prokits for my '04.
Got pics?

I'd either go with the Prodrives or Eibachs...

Prodrives and the Eibachs are stock-strut friendly, and I'm almost positive the H-techs will kill the stock struts a lot quicker (due to the significant drop up front)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
598 Posts
Chris G said:
Got pics?

I'd either go with the Prodrives or Eibachs...

Prodrives and the Eibachs are stock-strut friendly, and I'm almost positive the H-techs will kill the stock struts a lot quicker (due to the significant drop up front)
nope no pics, been to lazy/busy.:eek:

i have heard the '04 prodrives are progressive and if the drop posted above is accurate 1.5/1.0 F/R that is much different from the 02/03s and more similar to the eibach prokit drop. i wonder if the prodrives are similar to the STi prokits eibach has.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well, leaves me with no choice. I think I'm gonna get the prodrives. anyone know if they are a complete assembly (i.e. the can be installed in a personal garage without special tools)?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
208 Posts
i went with prodrives and i love them (i would take prodrive over tein ANY day - but thats just me!). i have read that the drop is an even 25mm (which looks accurate), which is one of the factors i was looking for. i did not want to lower my car unevenly. as for coilovers (per above recommendation), as someone weighing their options with money as a deciding factor, i would say they are not for you. the coilovers get hyped up big time, but unless you are doing some serious autoX, i would say stick to a nice spring/strut setup. if you do not have the money to upgrade both simultaneously (and save some installation $/time) your stock struts are claimed by prodrive to remain undamaged by their springs (or as i read it: prodrives cause LESS damage to stock struts, NOT zero damage) so you could rock your stock struts with the prodrives for about 2 years while you save some cash to upgrade. and yes, eibach does produce the prodrive springs AS PER prodrive's specifications. i ended up with the prodrive springs and kyb agx struts and i am extremely happy.

hope this helps, and please correct me i i am wrong aboüt anything...

_\m/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks. saves me a lot to know i can rent a spring compressor from autozone and it will cost me nothing in the end. purchased the prodrives for $301 shipped. can't wait.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top