Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Holy crap, sounds even better than I thought, the sound clips do it no justice. It's mated up to my txs stealth back along with a perrin uppipe. Sounds amazing, I love it.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I've got the same exhaust - lovely isn't it? Growly but sedate at the same time. WOT is beauty though! :D

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have mine bolted to a tXS stealthback as well. Like you said, the sound is awesome:)

Maybe I'm getting spoiled, but I'm thinking of getting rid of the high flow cat to make it louder...and to hear the sound more;)

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I love it so much it's not even funny...but I wish that it were a bit louder. In the summertime I find myself shutting off the A/C and opening the windows during heat waves, just so that I can hear my Prodrive.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
When I went to the TXS race pipe the exhaust got louder.
When I installed my VF30 the exhaust got WAY louder. Interesting, eh? Hidden benefits! :D

·
Registered
499 Posts
Ohhh, it bolts up to the stealth-back? *wrings hands in an evil manner*

Oh yeah, my ideas are shaping up, gaining form. Thinking about the AutoSpeed flex uppipe(I don't wanna deal with leaks...ever), and the turboback stealth pipes, finished off with the ProDrive noise maker. Quality throughout, well-tested bits.

Now if I could track down some coil-overs that DON'T lower the car, I'd be set.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Is there a huge difference in loudness between the prodrive + TurboXS stealth back with the race pipe, vs. prodrive + stealth back with high flow cat? I already have the CEL eliminator and stealth back with high flow cat, so maybe I should order the race pipe with my prodrive, just to make sure I can get the sound I want. Thoughts?

·
: : J-Lovin Moderator: :
556 Posts
rockstar said:
Is there a huge difference in loudness between the prodrive + TurboXS stealth back with the race pipe, vs. prodrive + stealth back with high flow cat? I already have the CEL eliminator and stealth back with high flow cat, so maybe I should order the race pipe with my prodrive, just to make sure I can get the sound I want. Thoughts?
Im interested in the same question.

Jason

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Not a HUGE difference - but the car IS louder.

I heard a bigger difference when I swapped out the stock turbo for a VF30.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Well...I guess any volume increase is better when the exhaust sounds so awesome.

In fact, I did the txs stealthback/Prodrive before adding a catless up-pipe, and the addition of the up-pipe made a noticable difference, so my logic would be eliminating the final cat would be the crowning touch.

·
556 Posts
Where did you guys all pick up your Prodrive Axle - back? I'm in the search for a used one. Anyone of you guys want to sell me yours? :(

Jason

·
Registered
12 Posts
Got mine here from Irvine Subaru(SPI Motorsports) for $380+$15 shipping. Great service and fast shipping if he has them in stock.

I haven't seen many for sale used, I guess everyone who gets them likes them so much they just don't wanna part with it. :D

·
Moderating on the run!
7,320 Posts
Your probably aware, but prodrive is offering their pro performance packs- exhaust bits, ic hose and reflashed ecu (ecutek). They have a different back box for the perfromance pack that is more of a straight through design. Evidently they don't reccomend their current muffler w/ their upgrades, I found that very interesting.

Big Sky

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm trying to figure out how they could make it "more straight thru" than it already is, unless they're talking about straigtening the pipe, which it doesn't look ile it from the pics I've seen. the WRSport model is a very simple 2.5" straight perforated pipe muffler, you can look right through it.

·
Moderating on the run!
7,320 Posts
Simon maybe softening his position on the oval tip muffler- here is what he had to say:

I have been looking at your comments re oval tip muffler / round tip muffler. I think one of the things you need to understand about Prodrive is that we don't always do things just because they make best sense from a money making point of view. The ethos of Prodrive is engineering integrity and offering the best product, not making the most possible money in the shortest possible time.

The oval tip muffler (on sale in the US for the last 3 or 4 years) is designed to allow (relatively) low cost buy-in to the Prodrive brand, is was never envisaged that it would be part of a PPP. In the UK there is a definitive split between a "simple" muffler and a full PPP - hence the oval tip and round tip, oval for the stand alone part, round for the PPP.

However, we now have a situation in the US were the oval has been on sale for some time (with positive feedback - thank you) and we are now launching the PPP's with their round tail mufflers. Now I can understand that some users are concerned that they only bought the oval muffler because the PPP was not available and now they are faced with having to purchase another muffler with the PPP.

Well, as has already been said the PPP's are designed and sold as complete kits - not tested with or designed to work with other parts, well we have done some testing with the oval tail and as we surmised it is not compatible with the higher stages of tune that will be offered in the US. But, it can be made to work with stage 1 and may be ok with stage 2. I will be coming over in a couple of weeks to get together with Scott and the other Prodrive-USA guys to finalise the 3 stages of PPP ready for release and this is one of the issues we will look at.

It is hoped that we can offer stage 1 to existing oval tailpipe owners thereby avoiding the need to purchase another muffler. It remains to be seen if this is possible for stage 2. I can tell you that it is NOT possible for stage 3 which will remain on the round tailpipe muffler.

Please understand that although it is my wish to allow PPP fitting with stage 1 and 2, it HAS NOT been tested yet and may not be possible.

Pic of "new" muffler

Big Sky

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I wonder if it's time to get that electric exhaust cut-out I've been eyeing to supplement the flow of exhaust that goes through my Prodrive oval-tip. :D

·
556 Posts
is2scooby said:
I wonder if it's time to get that electric exhaust cut-out I've been eyeing to supplement the flow of exhaust that goes through my Prodrive oval-tip. :D
Ahh I would be too scared to do that :)

Jason

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I just got the price list for all of the Prodrive USA parts. More affordable than I expected, and they're selling all kinds of good stuff.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
That ppp is interesting, I"ll have to check that out - thanks for the info!

-snowcat

1 - 20 of 24 Posts