ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at getting a Prodrive flex uppipe. My question is, what is involved from start to finish for the install? What do I do with the EGT sensor? I know I have to cut my turbo heat shield but what else do I have to do? I just want to be sure I don't miss anything because I want to be sure of what I'm doing to this car. :confused:

Thanks!

Link to the part: STi & WRX Performance Parts: PRODRIVE Flex Up Pipe (SAVE $70!!)

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
you dont have to cut your heatshield for an up pipe install.

Are you running engine management?

If you use the search function search for resistor up pipe mod. You can remove the egt and run a resistor in place.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After research (super briefly lol), it seems I will be getting the ceramic coated UP from Grimmspeed. :)

Thanks, guy.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
okay one more post lol

should I get the included gasket set? Is it everything I need? Does this come with all hardware needed? (minus the 2.2k ohm majigger for the EGT)

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Honestly, I wouldn't bother with the ceramic coating Grimmspeed uses. Not to knock them, but a lot of the used parts I see for sale on Nasioc has the stuff flaking off. If I were you, buy a roll of heatwrap, and do that instead; just make sure you don't wrap the flex section.

Gaskets you'll surely need:
Uppipe/manifold
Uppipe/turbo
Turbo/downpipe

You may need a manifold/crossover (RH) gasket depending on how you install it, and you may need a new gasket where the downpipe/catback meet (the OEM donut gasket can be reused, but if you have an aftermarket exhaust anywhere in there, you'll probably need another 3" flat flange gasket).

Any gasket other than a 3" flat flange gasket can be purchased at a local dealership (I always replace these gaskets with OEM). I bought my downpipe/catback gasket through Grimmspeed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts