Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can you get it? Is it a complete replacement ECU(with extra circuitry)? or is it the stock WRX ECU reflashed with different maps, etc...? I dont suppose its exactly stealth, is it?

MisterX: any insight into this facinating ECU? How much was it? Any info you have would rock.

Thanks,

chris

·
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm total says its a software upgrade, but AVsport says its a replacement ECU. which is right?

chris

·
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
gotcha, all questions answered pretty much, save one i need to ask AVsport. DO THEY HAVE ANY LEFT? :D

seems like prodrive is the way I want to go. Im just curious as to how it "self learns" when its basically just a software upgrade to your stock ECU.

chris

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
fengshui said:
seems like prodrive is the way I want to go. Im just curious as to how it "self learns" when its basically just a software upgrade to your stock ECU.
i was curious about this as well...how exactly does it "self learn"?

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
misterx...

you state in the mentioned thread above that HP is nothing...torque rules...

i am in total agreement of this statement...torque is what i am looking for...

does the prodrive ecu provide a dramatic increase in torque over other ecu's? if so, do you know exactly what the prodrive ecu does to provide these gains?

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I'm guessing, with an up and downpipe, you'd be running a lot stronger. Much, much, stronger. But except for the figures quoted in the earlier referenced thread, I have no Dyno or other facts to offer. Sorry.

misterx

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I'll post this here too...
------------------

By all means... Allow me to ressurect this thread from the dead, and give it some life...

Prodrive Performance Package (COMING SOON)
http://shopatmastro.com/prodrive_performance_packs.html

'This is a pure plug and play system, bolt on the parts, swap ECU units and away you go..."

?!?

Any ideas on this?

·
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Unfortuneately, prodrive has set out to dick everyone by forcing them to buy the package deal instead of selling their components a la carte, like Shiv, TurboXS, etc... Bad move, IMHO, and a real shame since I had alot of respect for Prodrive and they need to understand that dicking their customers is a bad business model.

chris

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
that really does suck...maybe they think that this is the best way to get prodrive over here...

sort of like releasing the Back to the Future on DVD....they only released it as a box set first because they new that if they released all three individually nobody would be BTTF 2 or 3....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts