Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Prodrive axle-back

Just installed the Prodrive as a get-me-by until my Blitz Nur Spec axle-back gets here. It wasn't what I expected... this thing absolutely rocks! Looks great and really fits the WRX nicely. I wasn't sure if I'd like the oval tip, but all in all it looks excellent.

Why do I say it wasn't what I expected? I wasn't prepared to actually want to keep it with the Blitz on it's way. Now I don't want to get rid of it! :D

Sounds insanely good. Really low and grumbly. Not quiet, but not loud either. Perfectly suited to the boxer engine. In the past I had a Greddy EVO and I must say that while it's a great system I prefer the sound of the Prodrive.

Me being in the 'blitz' mode is what will make remove it from the car. Hopefully the Nur Spec will be able to satisfy me after having this on the car :rolleyes:

BTW> The reason for the needing an axle-back is due to the TXS d/p and m/p. I don't like the tip and all of their muffler, so I have been running the stock muffler section since installing with d/p and m/p.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Just installed Prodrive axel back

Just got the Prodrive Axel Back in the mail today and installed it today as well. Took about an hour to install with one other person helping. Had no problems fiting it around my OEM Rear Diff. Protector, just had to push the muffler to the side a little bit to unbolt it.

The sound is great, not to loud, but louder then stock, and sounds more like a rally car now. Its pretty deep sounding in the low rpms, then gets higher pitched just like the rally car in the high rpms. I hope to have a movie clip with sound up by the weekend.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Does anyone have the Prodrive axel back?

I just ordered it this morning from Troncalli Subaru in Georgia. I think it looks great on the WRX, the oval tip fits nicely into the rear bumper cutout. The only thing that I'm worried about is the sound, some people have said that it is only slightly louder than stock. Although I don't want something ridiculously loud, I do want something that is noticeable at WOT. It will bolt up nicely with the TXS turboback that is in my near future.

·
2,210 Posts
Re: Does anyone have the Prodrive axel back?

Flyboy said:
I just ordered it this morning from Troncalli Subaru in Georgia. I think it looks great on the WRX, the oval tip fits nicely into the rear bumper cutout. The only thing that I'm worried about is the sound, some people have said that it is only slightly louder than stock. Although I don't want something ridiculously loud, I do want something that is noticeable at WOT. It will bolt up nicely with the TXS turboback that is in my near future.
I think you will be pleased. Tronner has one on his car, and while I haven't heard it at WOT, it sounded great at idle and blipping the throttle. He says it is just very slightly louder than stock.

-Pace

·
Registered
242 Posts
Thanks Pace, I've heard a couple sound clips over on i-club but it's hard to tell from a recorder. I'm sure after the TXS downpipe, mid, and race pipe gets installed it will open it up a little.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just emailed Ryan from I-club. He is from Irvine Subaru and was selling them. I don't know if he's on here. His # is (949) 452-0100 ext. 107. This was from a post from march 2001 so I don't know if the # or lead is still good.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ordered it today from Troncalli, not in stock but just takes a few days to get it.

Lisa Wilkins in parts
(770) 664-9100

$350+ship

Thanks to the guy that e-mailed this info.

Tire Rack had them in stock $369, but they are in Indiana and with taxes and shipping it was $400. So it was actually cheaper to order out of state.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yo! I have the prodrive muffler with the TURBOXS turboback. Sounds so good when you are on the gas. Real mean grumble. My dad is a big harley guy and when he heard my car he liked it so much he went out and bought new pipes for one of his hogs. To make it louder. :D

Here is a pic for anyone interested in what it looks like.

-FACTION

EDIT: Spelling & I got mine from Luke at TIRERACK for $343 shipped before they raised the price!

·
Registered
242 Posts
vcarbs said:
Thanks to the guy that e-mailed this info.
Your welcome!

Faction, I'll soon have the same setup as you. I'm glad to hear that it sounds good. I was worried that it would be too quiet, some of the guys have said it's not much louder than stock and since I think the stock sound is basically nonexistant that wasn't what I wanted to hear.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Flyboy said:

Your welcome!

Faction, I'll soon have the same setup as you. I'm glad to hear that it sounds good. I was worried that it would be too quiet, some of the guys have said it's not much louder than stock and since I think the stock sound is basically nonexistant that wasn't what I wanted to hear.
Yeah man, at idle its low. But like I said, when you gun it people will know you are there. IMHO the perfect tone. I have the highflow cat on, but am opting for the race pipe. Which I have been told by Mark is 'appreciably louder.' I will let you know when I get it.

-FACTION

EDIT: I re-read your post and you said that you too are getting the race pipe. SO you probably wont know what it sounds like with the cat. Once I get mine I will post the difference.

·
Registered
0 Posts
FACTION said:
Yo! I have the prodrive muffler with the TURBOXS turboback. Sounds so good when you are on the gas. Real mean grumble. My dad is a big harley guy and when he heard my car he liked it so much he went out and bought new pipes for one of his hogs. To make it louder. :D

Here is a pic for anyone interested in what it looks like.

-FACTION

EDIT: Spelling & I got mine from Luke at TIRERACK for $343 shipped before they raised the price!
I am sorta new here, and I am looking at exhaust systems. Does the TURBOXS turboback include downpipe and midpipe?...And if so, could you recommend a vendor?

Thanks

·
Registered
128 Posts
Outraged said:

I am sorta new here, and I am looking at exhaust systems. Does the TURBOXS turboback include downpipe and midpipe?...And if so, could you recommend a vendor?

Thanks
Yeah bro it includes the down and midpipe. You can also choose to have one cat or no cats. Best to buy them new from turboxs.com or check the for sale classifieds here and on I-club. You can usually pick one up for cheap.

-FACTION

1 - 20 of 87 Posts