ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When ever I bring my rpms above 4-5k quickly, it back fires, and it is loud as hell! Anyone around looks.. You can also almost feel the back fire traveling through the exhaust.. Is his map too rich? I have data logged and sent it to him when I initially went stage 2. He said everything looked good.. What to do?

·
Registered
47 Posts
When ever I bring my rpms above 4-5k quickly, it back fires, and it is loud as hell! Anyone around looks.. You can also almost feel the back fire traveling through the exhaust.. Is his map too rich? I have data logged and sent it to him when I initially went stage 2. He said everything looked good.. What to do?
I have Torqued's Stage 2 map on my '11 and it runs slightly rich for me... better than running lean though. I can't say my car has backfired yet... although there is some exhausting popping when I'm at WOT then shift. Sounds like you're running richer than that though...

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
What exact mods are you running?

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Get a WBO2 and datalog your fueling.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
I am also having this issue with my 2011. Im just taking it easy til I can get it to portland for some more mods and dyno tune.

·
Not Asian
1,069 Posts
New log, put it up here and also send it to Eric. You paid for a proper tune. He should be able to fix it for you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts