ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey plz help i cant rev my car any higher than 4000rmps it acts like if it was in the red line, driks gas like crazy and my check engine light is on and sometimes flashes

·
Registered
174 Posts
go to autozone or the like and get the codes pulled......then go from there...... flashing CEL usually means a misfire IIRC

·
Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin
5,780 Posts
drive your car directly to a reputable mechanic, better yet put it on a flatbed trailer, i would not drive 1 mile with my car acting like that.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
It's broken. I will buy it for $5.
If you have nothing helpful to add that might help this guy, please don't bother to post.
Moved to General Maint. & Troubleshooting.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Can't rev it past 4000 rpms? Don't launch control systems do that?

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
hey plz help i cant rev my car any higher than 4000rmps it acts like if it was in the red line, driks gas like crazy and my check engine light is on and sometimes flashes
Why don't you try posting ALL of your engine/performance modifications........

·
Registered
0 Posts
Seriously, if he's saying it acts like the redline is at 4000 rpm, it's probably "bouncing" like it's a rev limiter or something - which is exactly what launch control on the AP does right? And I think that'll consume a lot of gas and throw a CEL if the car isn't tuned to accept the launch control- but I don't know too much about it.

LC demo: http://youtube.com/watch?v=pHo8Hfn-8mA

+1 on posting all your mods.

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
Seriously, if he's saying it acts like the redline is at 4000 rpm, it's probably "bouncing" like it's a rev limiter or something - which is exactly what launch control on the AP does right? And I think that'll consume a lot of gas and throw a CEL if the car isn't tuned to accept the launch control-
...or the car is in limp mode or hitting a fuel cut.This could also be the ECU protecting the motor.

·
Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin
5,780 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Im going to keep an eye on this thread cause I have a similar problem on my 04 wrx. If I find anything will let you know. goodluck

·
Registered
55 Posts
Is your vehicle modded? If so, when did it happen? Did you race it, modify it some more etc. -- can you pinpoint when it started to happen. In addition, what aftermarket - if any - ecu are you using?

Also, definitely access the codes that the ecu is throwing and check the forum stickies for the description.

Forgot to ask what your boost is doing during all this.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts