Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, bought my new WRX. I'm all excited, looking through the internet to find cool stuff to buy for it. Come across Subispeed, seems like a nice legit website with a huge selection of good looking stuff. Seems like a site I could come to regularly. So fill my cart up with 1 or two main things I wanted and filled the cart up with additional little things. Some stuff seemed pretty over priced, but I felt it was a bit worth it for the convenience, free shipping over $250, and I figured it will be good quality stuff for the price.. Nope. First problem was vinyl overlays I bought for the steering wheel. I was expecting much, much better quality for these essentially only stickers. The lettering could just be peeled off. I had bought other vinyl product from another website, because Subispeed didn't have wheel caps, those are great, and the same price. I wrote a negative review about this product on Subispeed's website. Never seemed to get posted for some reason. Leads me to believe they pick and choose the reviews they want people to see.. Not cool. Now what really bothered me was I bought the front and rear Subaru replacement emblems. Front installed alright, not great but alright. Whatever. The rear though, when you take off the stock, there is two different size holes, and the emblem has corresponding two different size pins to go into said holes. The Subispeed replacement these pins were reversed. In order to install the emblem would need to go on backwards... Not cool. I now have an upside down Subaru logo on the back of my new car (OEM easily damaged when taking off). I have to now buy another set of vinyl to make it correct again.

I wanted to like this website. Has anyone else had any similar issues?

·
Premium Member
6,716 Posts
I know for about a year their customer's credit card numbers were being stolen left and right and they didn't do anything about it for the longest time. Can't say I've ever bought anything from them, I can usually get stuff much cheaper through smaller vendors than what the normal retailers sell it for.. and you get more direct and personal customer service.

·
For External Use Only
2,488 Posts
Ive told people, CONSTANTLY, to stay away from this joke of an "enthusiast" vendor, but they get new stuff often, so people never shy away til they get burned.

Those negative reviews, they'll say they didn't get posted because it was user error, not product quality. They'll also charge huge restocking fees, get your CC info stolen, and send you copy/pasted customer service emails with other people's names if you contact them.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
4,041 Posts
Why wouldn't you shop through our own vendors? RallySportDirect is one of the biggest names in Subaru aftermarket part vendors, for one.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've ordered twice from subispeed with no issues, I didn't even know there were issues like this. I'll pay more attention now that I know. But their website is pretty legit, appearance even their install videos. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Ive told people, CONSTANTLY, to stay away from this joke of an "enthusiast" vendor, but they get new stuff often, so people never shy away til they get burned.

Those negative reviews, they'll say they didn't get posted because it was user error, not product quality. They'll also charge huge restocking fees, get your CC info stolen, and send you copy/pasted customer service emails with other people's names if you contact them.

I've ordered from them a bunch of times, always used PayPal. Never had a single issue. This is alarming, to say the least, though!

·
Village Idiot
2,450 Posts
They are new and grew really fast as soon as the 15's were released. I've heard nothing but horror stories from them. I would recommend using RallySportDirect, Cobb, or other more well known parts vending sites.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I can attest to getting my CC info stolen from Subispeed... i have also posted a couple negative reviews on two separate products... it's been over half a year now and they never posted it.

BUT then they get a product now and then that are exclusive to them which makes it hard not to order from them... like the tail lights i have or the steering wheel i recently ordered (been 3 months now and still waiting lol)

·
For External Use Only
2,488 Posts
I can attest to getting my CC info stolen from Subispeed... i have also posted a couple negative reviews on two separate products... it's been over half a year now and they never posted it.

BUT then they get a product now and then that are exclusive to them which makes it hard not to order from them... like the tail lights i have or the steering wheel i recently ordered (been 3 months now and still waiting lol)

LOL, got your CC info stolen, and STILL gave them more business... that's why they stick around instead of going under.

Your tail lights are nice, but as far as steering wheels go, the stocker is hard to beat!

·
Registered
784 Posts
LOL, got your CC info stolen, and STILL gave them more business... that's why they stick around instead of going under.

Your tail lights are nice, but as far as steering wheels go, the stocker is hard to beat!
well i learned my lesson and have been using paypal since lol... and the new steering wheel is pretty much a redesigned OEM wheel anyways.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I ordered some stuff from them about a month ago. Their customer service was quick to respond to emails. I didn't have any issues with them, except the prices on some items. I use paypal also whenever possible.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Wow this is news to me, I am going to be extra careful now or look into another website. I usually order everything from ebay. I ordered the tail as turn module and the Aluminum hood pull chrome cover from subispeed and they arrived in one week (canada toronto). The hool pull cover had a small bend in the corner which i didnt like. I emailed them with pictures and they responded immediately with a tracking number for a replacement and put in a note for the warehouse to check before shipping.

·
Registered
2015 ISM WRX Premium
201 Posts
A majority of Subispeeds parts are from China. I've had issues with them before as well, I had originally inquired about their catback exhaust system but a friend of mine picked it up and the quality was horrendous. The welds looked like someone gave coke and a tig to a squirrel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
80 Posts
I know for about a year their customer's credit card numbers were being stolen left and right and they didn't do anything about it for the longest time. Can't say I've ever bought anything from them, I can usually get stuff much cheaper through smaller vendors than what the normal retailers sell it for.. and you get more direct and personal customer service.
I've ordered from them a bunch of times, always used PayPal. Never had a single issue. This is alarming, to say the least, though!
well i learned my lesson and have been using paypal since lol... and the new steering wheel is pretty much a redesigned OEM wheel anyways.
If peoples' CC's were getting stolen, more than likely it's being compromised at the shop level. Merchant account software allows you to see CC info unlike getting the payment processed by PayPal which the merchant won't be able to see the CC info. When I used merchant account and used their version of software it logged everything. It was needed to process refunds as well as re-charge the card for any additional payment. I always thought that was iffy.

I always heard about this shop I stayed away. +1 for RSD. Hell Summit Racing even has WRX compatible parts (very limited). Never had an issue with either. Obviously if you're going to shop anywhere, use your credit card (not debit card) or PayPal.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts