ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my fellow Subi Owners. I am having a bit of a problem making boost with my New MBC I purchased on Ebay. Well I use to have an MY02 wagon which I used a MBC on as well and it worked like a champ. Now I assumed it would work the same way with the MY07. I installed it the same way but it is not increasing my boost. Before the the MBC my boost read about 7.5 to 8 pounds of boost. Now when I put the MBC on it only goes to 3.5 maybe 4. I noticed on the manifold there is another solenoid does that need to be disconnected as well. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong with this MY07 compared to the MY02? Here is the liknk to the MBC I purchased on Ebay.

http://http://www.ebay.com/itm/Manual-Boost-Regulator-Controller-MBC-Turbo-charger-/380424799018?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item589315c32a&vxp=mtr#ht_2861wt_1396

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,233 Posts
I look forward to the day "pounds" and such units are no longer used anywhere on Earth, but be that as it may, you are either misreading your boost gauge or the car had a boost problem even before the MBC. Sort out which.

I recommend removing the MBC. The later cars are not as tolerant from what I've heard, and it's not like the early cars were crazy about them either -- they just held together OK generally.

Follow the link in my signature for info on modding.

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
you cannot just throw on a MBC and crank up the boost on 04+ wrx's. 02-03's are a little more forgiving. newer models MUST be tuned properly to increase boost. remove it ASAP

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
Repeat, don't run this MBC. Get a tune. If your tuner uses the MBC that is different.

Assuming you have not done the down pipe, you need an openport cable and a stage I map instead.

·
Æternum
20,602 Posts
my New MBC
Here's your first problem.

I purchased on Ebay
Here's your second problem.

Did you research at all before you purchased? Nearly anyone familiar with Subarus will recommend NOT running an MBC unless utilized in a Hybrid boost-control setup. The EBCS is superior in many ways.

·
Æternum
20,602 Posts
You bought a $16 boost solenoid?? How did you think this was a good plan???

Many respectable manufacturers produce MBCs, but they are in the $100 range

PERRIN Performance — — Manual Boost Controller
GrimmSpeed

In the future, if you see an Ebay part that is fractions of the cost of the typical market cost, and it is an essential component, don't buy.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Research before you buy. If it's not a known quality brand with known R&D on their products, then chances are it's a cheap mass-produced poor quality product...as in the case of a $16 MBC. You have to pay to play in the car game...if you don't pay now, you'll end up paying a LOT more later when you blow something up.

As the others stated, remove the MBC ASAP.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
May I add... If you were only pushing 8 pounds without any modifications you have car issues other than the MBC. Remove it and find out what the real problem is.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts

·
Æternum
20,602 Posts
This is my favorite, from the advert:

Make your project much easier and safety.
"much easier and safety" :rotfl:

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
I couldn't get the link to open for me :sadwave:

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
Hello my fellow Subi Owners. I am having a bit of a problem making boost with my New MBC I purchased on Ebay. Well I use to have an MY02 wagon which I used a MBC on as well and it worked like a champ. Now I assumed it would work the same way with the MY07. I installed it the same way but it is not increasing my boost. Before the the MBC my boost read about 7.5 to 8 pounds of boost. Now when I put the MBC on it only goes to 3.5 maybe 4. I noticed on the manifold there is another solenoid does that need to be disconnected as well. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong with this MY07 compared to the MY02? Here is the liknk to the MBC I purchased on Ebay.

http://http://www.ebay.com/itm/Manual-Boost-Regulator-Controller-MBC-Turbo-charger-/380424799018?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item589315c32a&vxp=mtr#ht_2861wt_1396

·
Æternum
20,602 Posts
I couldn't get the link to open for me :sadwave:
Learn to use teh interwebz.

The ":" is missing from the url. Put it in and presto!

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
zax said:
Learn to use teh interwebz.

The ":" is missing from the url. Put it in and presto!
Mikie always has difficulty putting it in...

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Mikie always has difficulty putting it in...
Well I noticed the periods were missing, so I bailed and stopped trying. No period, not for me.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts