ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know much, but I bought my 05 wrx and it already had an aftermarket BOV. I just had it in the shop and they said that it was releasing pressure way too early, they said my blow off valve was defective. After reading a few threads about BOVs I see that it's probably not the best thing to have installed, but it's there and I was wondering if there might be any ideas on fixing the problem, or if it would be better to just get a stock recirculating valve put back on. Anything helps, thank you.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
I don't know much, but I bought my 05 wrx and it already had an aftermarket BOV. I just had it in the shop and they said that it was releasing pressure way too early, they said my blow off valve was defective. After reading a few threads about BOVs I see that it's probably not the best thing to have installed, but it's there and I was wondering if there might be any ideas on fixing the problem, or if it would be better to just get a stock recirculating valve put back on. Anything helps, thank you.
I suggest switching to a bypass valve. I sent you a pm.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Can you adjust the spring tension on the valve?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've heard they cause more trouble than they are worth, now switching to a bypass valve. Should be here tomorrow!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts