ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided to get rid of the SUBY for now. I am trading it in on monday, I just purchased a pick up truck. The Subaru just isn't effiecient for what I need to do right now, and I have nothing to tow my boat or motorcycles around with. The next suby I get will be an STI. I am in the process of bringing the car back to stock. I put on the factory exhaust and tried to revert back to stock with the AP. Everything went smooth until I tried to start up the car. The car starts but will not do anything when you press the gas pedal. So I married the Ap to the car again, started it up and it ran fine. I then decided to try and unmarry it one more time. Same problem as the first time. After unmarrying the AP I get a cel p0605 "Internal control module read only memory error" I don't know what to do. I have to trade in the car on monday, I guess worst comes to worst I will have to just leave the AP married to the car and accept the fact that I will not be able to separately sell it.

·
Premium Member
11,095 Posts
Do you have the most updated firm ware? I recall with some wrx's and FXT's they were having issues unmarrying and you had to download the "patch" to unmarry.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will I be able to download the patch anywhere and install. I am going to look on cobs site now and see what I can find.

·
Premium Member
11,095 Posts
Will I be able to download the patch anywhere and install. I am going to look on cobs site now and see what I can find.
You should be able to. I wouldnt think you'd need to send the unit back to Cobb.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found the patch for the problem on cobbs site, but still couldn't get things to work right. You have to connect the accessport to your PC and then run the patch. The AP connects no problem and I can add and delete maps with ease, but when I run the patch is says AP not connected. The AP obviously is connected though, cause I can communicate with it no problem through the map manager and it says connected to PC right on the AP screen. So there must be problem with the patch, or the download for the patch. I am trading in the car on Monday, so hopefully cobb can send me something via e-mail to fix this, otherwise I will have to leave it married to the car and just eat the cost of it. I would much rather fix the problem though and sell it separately. Plus I was thinking of how much it would suck to purchase a WRX and find out that an AP was installed and never unmarried.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Did you try flashing the stock map them unmarrying?

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK guys I figured it out. When you run the patch to update the AP you can't be running the map manager software at the same time. You have to go to the sync with PC option and then just click on the patch and it updates automatically. I can't believe this was my problem all along.

·
Premium Member
11,095 Posts
Well atleast I was right about the patch.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks a lot for your help. It is much appreciated

1 - 9 of 9 Posts