ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to pass this along to the forum as some info. I spoke with Trey via e-mail regarding the AP for the 9-2x and this is what he responded with:

"Bryan,

Caught me at the right time in the day as I'm catching up on all of my emails.

In regards to the Saab, I'm likely at fault because I haven't given the sales guys a real clear answer on that one yet. Ultimately, the 9-2X isn't a Subaru branded product. Since COBB is a company that focuses solely on Subaru products, its a difficult position we get placed in when Subaru-made vehicle get basically "private labeled". Sort of dilutes our marketing and mission statement to say, "Dedicated to the Subaru vehicle...and Saab 9-2x (and/or some other GM family product in the future)".

I've been working with our AccessECU division to find a SAAB tuner that would like to make the AccessPORT available for the 9-2X. Unfortunately, the SAAB tuners we've contacted thus far don't really want anything to do with the 9-2X as 1) its "not a SAAB" in their eyes and 2) GM/Saab has stated very clearly they only plan on producing the 9-2 model as long as they have to until new GM-Europe based models come through the production line. (i.e.: it has a VERY short expected life span and is different from Saab models these companies are accustomed to thus they'd rather ignore it.)

The part I'm troubled with is it puts 9-2X owners in a bad position and we're working hard on ideas on how to rectify it. I'm 99% sure the AccessPORT will work with no more than very minor modifications with the 9-2X but the trouble is who will sell and ultimately support it?

Definitely give us some feedback and if you have links to some discussions on either Subaru or Saab internet forums regarding their thoughts on performance parts please forward them to me. I don't want to see 9-2X get the raw end of the deal but our hope would be we could find a quality SAAB tuner to work with them to make 9-2X products available. If at the end of the day we can't find anyone, then we'll have to consider just swallowing our Subaru-only pride. ;-)

Regards,
Trey Cobb."

Just wanted to say thanks to Trey for taking the time out to respond to my e-mail, his customer service skills seem top notch.

·
Registered
677 Posts
kinda reminds me of the H2 guys. The hardcore Hummer guys dont like them because they are Tahoe-2s and the Tahoe/Suburban guys dont like them because they are all pretentious a-holes.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
Racenut3.0 said:
Sounds like the 9-2x owners are going to find themselves driving a red headed step child....

·
1,816 Posts
I'm sure the UTEC or XEDE will step to the plate and support it. They are already being made for Mitsubishis and I'm sure SRT-4s. The 9-2X should be easier to support then those two, so I'm sure its only a matter of time.

-Chris

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
the saab community HATES the new sabbaru...they know its a wrx and dont respect it at all:(

·
Registered
66 Posts
I wonder why Cobb thinks there will need to be modifications to the accessport in order for it to work. The ecu, engine, etc. are exactly the same as a WRX? Trey seemed to focus more on a branding issue rather the mechanical issue.

I would bet it will work. We need a volunteer to try it. Someone is out there who will try it. After all, you bought a Saab you have the cash. Worst that will happen is you'll need an ECU flash to base.

Post your results.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts