ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heres the scoop....im getting an o4' rex that already has a turbo XS stealthback on it...im planning on doing a few other mods to it before i tune it...... i.e. perrian inlet, lightweight crank pully... i want to get it dyno tuned at Turbo XS in Marlyland(closest AWD dyno around me)....my question is.....can i just get it protuned/dynotuned and be done with the tuning or do i need to EM like acessport????? my thinking is that i can bypass the acessport and just get it protuned/dynotuned....help

·
Registered
0 Posts
you dont NEED an AP to get a protune, its just a nice place to store maps. You can still get an opensource tune no problem.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so i can just get the protune and no AP

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
It depends on the shop. They may have a way to program your ECU directly, or they may require you have a device like an AP. Each shop will be different so you need to call and ask.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
teflon_jones said:
It depends on the shop. They may have a way to program your ECU directly, or they may require you have a device like an AP. Each shop will be different so you need to call and ask.
If the shop does open-source tuning, most likely, they will have a tactrix cable, which will allow them to connect a laptop and tune your car. Call ahead, and find out what you'd need to bring, and what they'd recommend you have on your car before the tune.

·
Premium Member
11,095 Posts
If you want a ProTune you need a AP plain and simple.

If you want a professional tuner to tune your car you need whatever engine management system they tune with. I think (but could be wrong) that TurboXS only does Utec/Hydra tuning. I do not think they do romraider or AP tuning.

If you are set on the AP Agile Automotive isnt that much farther from TurboXs and they can tune the AP.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts