ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm getting ready to purchase a new base wrx and I've decided to wait untill the 2012 becomes available. I haven't purchased a new car since I was 19 (28 now) and my brother was the one that sold it to me so I have no experience in negotiating new car prices. So if any of you don't mind posting what you paid total for your new 2011 base wrx after taxes and fees it would help me a lot. Right now I'm thinking if the car stickers at 25.5k after taxes and fees would I be looking at more around 30k?

Assuming that the sticker is the same and no options added for the 2012.

Sent from tapatalk.

·
Super Moderator
33,822 Posts
Nice username. :)

IceMelted. :p

Sorry ... no '11 info (still have my bought new 2004).

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
For my base WRX with center armrest I paid $24995(including destination fees).Taxes, title,registration extra.Tax would depend on tax rate in your area.For me it was 8.375%.Title ,registration,documentation fees can vary.

I don't remember but OTD was around 28,000.Shop around.Do your homework.Go to different sites like edmunds to get the MSRP & True Market Value.Show these values to the dealer.You can also simply call or email dealers.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
I don't remember the exact figure, but I bought a base with no options for just over $23k (I want to say $23400), out the door was $25ish. I got a deal on mine because when I got my pricing, the 2011 price wasn't out yet and they signed off on 2010 pricing and upheld the deal even though the 2011 went up.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Edmunds is quite accurate on invoice--never found them to be off by as much as $100. Taxes are very location dependent, and some states charge sales tax on after trade net, while others charge on full sales price. Dealer fees are a gotcha area, anything over about $300 is a rip. Destination charge is not a dealer fee. If you try to ballpark on what late 2011 buyers paid, you're going to be going high because of the shortage from the tsunami. On a 2012 you should be able to do right around invoice or better, less any dealer incentives that might be in play (you can find out about those on Edmunds, too).

·
Registered
133 Posts
Just bought a 2011 Base with short throw, fogs, spoiler, and arm rest for $25,300 before tax- I'm picking it up on Thursday so I'm not sure but I think the total will end up being 27,500 or so- like others have said it depends on the rate where you live. You definitely have to find the right dealer, I worked with a few who were all similar on price and I was about to settle when I found one who beat the others by about $1000, glad I was patient!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On a 2012 you should be able to do right around invoice or better, less any dealer incentives that might be in play (you can find out about those on Edmunds, too).
So on a 2012 there is a chance I could be out the door with all fees and taxes (state depending) for at or under the sticker price?

Sent from tapatalk.

·
Registered
38 Posts
So on a 2012 there is a chance I could be out the door with all fees and taxes (state depending) for at or under the sticker price?
Sure, if you walk in the door and balloons drop from the ceiling and a band starts playing and they unfurl the "Our 1,0000,0000th customer" banner. Otherwise you'll need to negotiate a price and add taxes, title, and fees like anybody else. Sorry that wasn't clear to you.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sure, if you walk in the door and balloons drop from the ceiling and a band starts playing and they unfurl the "Our 1,0000,0000th customer" banner. Otherwise you'll need to negotiate a price and add taxes, title, and fees like anybody else. Sorry that wasn't clear to you.
I wonder if they would still deny me on a warranty claim being the 1,0000,0000th customer and all.

Sent from tapatalk.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts