ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody!
I'm kinda new at STI and WRX.
I've been looking at STI, 350z, EVO, and RX8, and im doing some research on these cars.
The question is, how much did you pay for your STI with tax and license? and what was the cheapest price that people have bought?
Other question is, do you like your STI? and pros and cons? and should i get WRX or STI?
thanks guys

·
Registered
54 Posts
Your going to pay arount 32K for an STI as long as you don't let the dealer jack up the price. If you can afford that get the STI....you will not regret it:D

The STI is the fastest and best performing cars out the the cars you mentioned. I would test drive all of them and make your own judgement as to what is most important to you. You may not be able to test drive the STI as a lot of dealeships will not allow it...in Florida they don't.

It all comes down to personal preference....Just save yourself some time and get the STI...I'm sure you'll like it.

Peace

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I was wondering why dealers don't allow a test drive of the STI here also. Why is that? Insurance purposes? Seems kinda ridiculous to me. If you're gonna spend all that $$ on a car, it'd sure be nice to test drive it at least.

Just curious if anyone knows why.

·
Registered
122 Posts
all depends what u want to do with a car?
do u want to auto-x, drag, road course, or just have a daily driven grocery getter.

all the cars u mentioned can these things but the STi can do it better.

if u plan on a WRX, u will end up spending more just to compete with a stock STi, even tho a WRX can do everything a STi can but just not as well ie accelerate, handling, braking, etc.

350Z is very nice but short on room and very cramped. not alot of storage space.

RX8 is nice too w/ more room than the Z but falls short of power delivery but handles and brakes very well. torque is its enemy.

EVo is also great and is the STi's main rival. stock for stock almost the same in every category w/ the EVo getting the nod for price.

i would recommend u test drive and the cars or ask for one in case u cant personally and make the judgement and also see if u pocket book can take it too.

BTW, there are alot of used STi's being offered for sale w/ low miles. some still stock and some w/ minor mods. be on the lookout for those as well.

·
Registered
54 Posts
TheBoostCreep said:
I was wondering why dealers don't allow a test drive of the STI here also. Why is that? Insurance purposes? Seems kinda ridiculous to me. If you're gonna spend all that $$ on a car, it'd sure be nice to test drive it at least.

Just curious if anyone knows why.
Because the STI is a limited production car and the buyers don't want a lot of miles on it. Dealers don't let people test drive them so it has more appeal as a rare car. They use it as a selling point...."You'll be the first person to drive this car". It gives you a feeling that your buying a rare care.

Plus dealerships don't get a lot of STI's on the lot, at least not last year. I think every dealership should have 1 test drive STI for the whole year. Then, when the new model year comes out they should sell that one for like 5K less...Just my .02

·
Registered
66 Posts
My dealer must not have read the SOA memo about test drives. Saw Sti at the local dealer and made 90 degree turn at 60mph into the lot(got to love the rex). Was walking around the sti and the salesman came out. I obviously knew more about the car than he did. Asked if I could sit in it. He then talked me into starting it up. Then talked me into going for a drive. The only thing I can think of is that he wanted to go for a ride also! Took a 10 minute test drive. It is more race car than street car and I am hooked. I drive my wrx for pleasure now anyway as I have a company truck. Maybe next year I will be in a financial position to actually buy one. I wonder if its possible to order the color & wheel color you want or just take what they get in.

Back to the actual topic. The evo & sti are pure perfomance and in my opinion not suitable as dailly drivers but some do. The RX and 350 are beautiful to look at and handle great but not as much room. The WRX is daily performance and room for people and their things. Not the prettiest but all-wheel drive and value for the money!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yeah I talked to SOA today and they said they don't have a test drive policy they leave that up to the descretion of the individual dealerships. Maybe I should go to a different state to test drive it. Either way I will be buying one no doubt.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts