ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the final leg of getting a 2012 WRX and I'm wondering if it is worth it to get the Limited for $1,000 more. Are the leather trimmed seats and HID headlights worth it?
Those are the only differences that I could see between the two.

·
UnBanned
17,655 Posts
I would pay 1k for the leather and hid as well. Resale will be worth it, and the HID and leather options are things you'll appreciate.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I got the Premium because I really wasn't worried about the leather. I like the cloth seats. Its just personal preference. You can put HID's in after you get it if ya want them. The highbeams with the regular headlights are really bright though!

·
UnBanned
17,655 Posts
putting HIDs in after the fact sucks... ask me how I know :(

·
UnBanned
17,655 Posts
How do you know? :)
I know nothing about headlights.
I did a proper retrofit, and it cost me $400 bucks, about 6 hours, and I've had a couple problems already (only like 500 miles in). I'd rather have gotten it from the factory.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I did a proper retrofit, and it cost me $400 bucks, about 6 hours, and I've had a couple problems already (only like 500 miles in). I'd rather have gotten it from the factory.
Yikes! I was thinking about getting me some HID's down the road but the high beams are pretty darn bright. Way brighter than any other car i've had.

·
Registered
26 Posts
if I were to go back I'd get the limited, if you think about for 1k more that's cheap for leather and hid! let alone leather conversion will cost you at least 900 easy and retrofit headlight hid done right another 500

·
Registered
169 Posts
For me there was no question since I wanted leather. It's easily worth $1000 to me, but it's up to you to decide what it's worth to you. Also, after owning two cars with HIDs, I don't think I would buy another car without them, and I've heard it's not worth the hassle to do it after market.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I found some dealers offering limited models for less than $1k more than the premiums so it was a pretty easy choice. Personally I think the leather seats are very nice. They're not as sticky as others are in the summer and are pretty smooth feeling to me. For what its worth I also love the HID lights.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have a 12' Limited SWP and I get SO many complements about my trimmed leather. AND if my HID's mess up....I get them fixed for free. Go with the limited.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have the premium, and ill personally say i didnt want the leather in this car, and assumed i could get the hid's a' la carte after the fact . Long and short its a fight with Subaru about whether or not it can be considered a reason to void warranty if i buy the oem hids and have them installed. Save the headache and get the limited.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts