Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im just wondering whose wrx i raced near deanza college?? well here's the story...it was around 1am as i was heading towards home from my friendz house...no one was out except for the wrx and me, we luckily caught a red light...and i pointed foward and he nodded...as the light turns green we both take off, i had a great launch but was about half a car back...first gear he's about half a car ahead...end of second gear we're dead even...end of third gear i pull to a lead of about a car length and shut down...i pull over to a gas station hoping he would follow but he turned into a street and that was it...anywayz if the person who i raced reads this, i just want to say good race...peace

oh and before you go pull out the bs flag, here are my mods for the 5th prelude....i/h/e/p/cams/v-afc/lsd/clutch/lightened flywheel....

·
Registered
3 Posts
supralude said:
yo -blah -blah -blah prelude -blah -blah -blah homiez -blah -
oh and before you go pull out the bs flag, here are my mods for the 5th prelude....i/h/e/p/cams/v-afc/lsd/clutch/lightened flywheel -mad azz rimz
peace out |\|iggaz werd
Samuel Jackson says:

"English, motherf*ck*r, do you speak it?"

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
rsxsucks

naw im not going to raise redline or up the compression...this is basically my daily driving car...i just wanted a comfortable decently fast car...ima just invest in my supra now...and keep your rsx-s and mod it man...i would assume that the rsx-s would be a good driving around town car cause of the i-vtec...just get basic mods with decent tires and you could be in the low 14's...peace

·
Registered
87 Posts
Re: Re: Re: prelude vs wrx

gryphon said:

:confused:

I've seen much worst posts ... :rolleyes:

Not necessary...
I agree.

Anyways, nice race you got there supralude. I saw two 5th gen ludes run 14.6 with i/h/e alone. Also, I'm an ex-lude owner as well. ;)

-Albert

·
Registered
8 Posts
A 5G Lude running 14.6 with just I/H/E?!? Was this track pointed downhill or something? That's easily a few tenths faster than 99% of bolt-on 5G's are pulling throughout the country.. :eek:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Nice kill

I just drove my old prelude the other day (my brother now owns it). I must say it is a well put together car and it has good pull in 3rd and 4th gear. Now it's no match for a modd'd wrx but a modd'd 5th gen vs a stock wrx...the lude has a good chance to take the wrx in the upper gears.

·
Registered
14 Posts
nice kill, i raced a prelude with n1 style exhaust once, well, actually, he tried a flyby on me, but then I caught up and flew by him, that specific prelude was all show, no go, from what happened. however I did have my turboxs stg 1 at the time, (now I've got stg 2:D )

·
Registered
87 Posts
VTC_CiViC said:
A 5G Lude running 14.6 with just I/H/E?!? Was this track pointed downhill or something? That's easily a few tenths faster than 99% of bolt-on 5G's are pulling throughout the country.. :eek:
Crazy right? Lemme explain, it was 50ish degrees outside and everything was perfect. They launched at 5k (which takes ALOT of practice to perfect). Basically, you have to launch perfectly to get that 2.2 in order to get that run that you want... everything else is shifting at 8k as fast as you can.

-Albert

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
vtc_civic

your mostly right about the times being alittle bit low with i/h/e but its just that people with prelude's cannot launch or launch very well...when my prelude was stock, i hit 14.85 and consistantly hitting high 14.9-15.2...after i/h/e obd2 workaround...i was hitting 14.5-14.8 consistantly....then after pulley/lsd/clutch/flywheel/shortshifter/tires/cams/vafc im consistantly hitting 13.7-14.1 with the best of 13.57...when i compare my numbers with similar modded prelude's, my times are considerably lower and my conclusion to that is because they do not know how to launch...launching is everything in this car...i guess most people do not want to abuse their transmission so maybe thats why they only rev up to 3 rpm and slip the clutch but since this is my beater car i abuse it pretty bad by reving to 5.5 rpm and slipping the clutch....peace

·
Registered
87 Posts
Re: vtc_civic

supralude said:
your mostly right about the times being alittle bit low with i/h/e but its just that people with prelude's cannot launch or launch very well...when my prelude was stock, i hit 14.85 and consistantly hitting high 14.9-15.2...after i/h/e obd2 workaround...i was hitting 14.5-14.8 consistantly....then after pulley/lsd/clutch/flywheel/shortshifter/tires/cams/vafc im consistantly hitting 13.7-14.1 with the best of 13.57...when i compare my numbers with similar modded prelude's, my times are considerably lower and my conclusion to that is because they do not know how to launch...launching is everything in this car...i guess most people do not want to abuse their transmission so maybe thats why they only rev up to 3 rpm and slip the clutch but since this is my beater car i abuse it pretty bad by reving to 5.5 rpm and slipping the clutch....peace
w3rd.:cool:

Hey supralude, those are awesome times. What did you trap at 13.57?

-Albert

·
Registered
14 Posts
I agree with supralude. I had a 97 prelude sh. I consider myself a fairly decent driver, but not expert. I found this car harder to launch than other cars that I have owned. It was easy to start hopping around if you didn't get it just right. Once you got going, though, the transmission was very smooth.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts