Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a subject of debate between my two friends.

One of my friends owns a 1994 Prelude with the JDM engine (10.6:1 compression) with an intake, and catback exhaust. He claims his dad G-Tech'd a 14.00 and he claims 13.9s on a good clutch and 240hp. Lowered 1.75 on Eibach race-somethings, with 17' rims with W-rated tires. He has a clutch that slips at high RPM.

The other one owns a '00 or '01 WRX Wagon. 3-inch Apexi N1 catback, and a short-ram intake. No unrealistic power claims, nearly new feeling clutch. Lowered about 1 in or so on Eibach pro-kits.

What do you guys think? The one time they did race, the WRX launched half a car ahead and stayed half a car ahead. That was back when WRXG0blin didn't know how to launch, and his exhaust was still stock.

I'm posting this on superhonda.com to see what their opinion is.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Ive been around several modded preludes, and I think that guys power claims are a little ambitious. Though he has the JDM engine, I still dont think that it is THAT much of a difference, as those cars are slow even heavily modded.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Wow. That's a hard one to call. The WRX wagon would have a hard time pulling 13's with the limited mods he has I'm thinkin'. Then again, I would think that the Prelude would have a hard time pulling 13.90's as well.

There's only one way to find out! Let us know how the race goes at the track... :D

P.S. My views on e.t.'s are skewed because of the price of paradise. :(

·
Registered
280 Posts
Get an MBC for the WRX, and it will be no contest.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The guy with the Prelude dosen't want to take it to the track because first, none of us know of any open tracks, and second, he has a clutch that slips at high RPMs, and insists on waiting for a new clutch before racing.
WRXG0blin is now more experienced with his car, even though the car is only marginally faster with the hacked short ram, and 3-in catback. The day he got his 14.9 at the track, it was hot, and the two other WRXs ran about the same times. 14.7 and 15 I think.

·
Registered
266 Posts
OoO, MBC huh? Fifty bucks will ensure victory! 0_o? Keep in mind, he also thinks his JDM Prelude can defeat a Camaro SS.

·
Registered
280 Posts
...yes. Yes it will.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Another thing to take into account is the g-tech is not accurate. He may of claimed to get those times, but I bet it's not very close if he took it to the real track. Anyways, see how it goes...I think you should be able to take him.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I checked the Prelude 1/4 times on Superhonda's Prelude forum and a lot of the are running low 15s, and high 14s. One guy with a JDM H22 ran a 14.1 (intake, header, exhaust cam gears, VTEC ctronroller) but he wasn't specific about conditions.

My dad drove my friend's WRX. He thought it had no power steering, and said he'd driven non turbo cars that were faster. He didn't go past 3200 RPM.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
AREITU said:
...My dad drove my friend's WRX. He thought it had no power steering, and said he'd driven non turbo cars that were faster. He didn't go past 3200 RPM.
:eek: The car had 3800rpm to go! Sheesh, with all the cats in place the WRX probably just hit full boost! :D

I've driven a lot of N/A cars that were faster than my WRX up to 3200rpm. Not too many that were as powerful up until redline though. :D

Tell him to "GET IT" until 7k next time for a nice kick in the pants. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts