Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I'm going to be calling Subaru about my trunk opener switch, pulling it doesn't open my trunk I have to use my key. Also alignment seems to be a little off, it seems you have to hold the the wheel a tiny bit to the left to go straight and if the wheel it totally straight you float to the right. Supposably the alignment issue is a common problem with WRXs and that when adjusted it ended up going back to unaligned after a week. Also ok this was dumb I know, it was raining out and these punks wanted me to spin the tires. So I dropped the clutch and spun them all the way to red line, and I missed second I kept missing 2nd for a couple times I didn't really grind just sort of missed. Afterwards at the next light it would not go into first at all period, so I had to do a 2nd gear start. Later on that day it was fine again. It's weird my Kartboy shifter if I have it too tight it's hard to go into the gates but now it's really loose and vibrates some but the rod moves a little so it's harder to get it into gears, this will be the second time I have to tighten it. I've had trouble going into gears on rare occasions since I pretty much got the car so I don't what the deal is? Also my stupid MOMO knob keeps loosening and twisting, it's a horrible design in my opinion, just stupid screwins. I'm going to bring up the trunk, alignment, and gear trouble at the dealer. Do you have any clue what was going on with any of these things? Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
the trunk issue sounds like a defective part. they should fix that no prob.

if you haven't driven AWD before, a lot of times it feels like the car pulls. do you have speed rated tires on the car? becasue most tires of z rating or better can grab pavement so much that if the grain moves one way, or there is rougher road on some tires, it will pull you.

are your tires wearing evenly? expecially on an AWD car, if it issn't alighed, you'll be wearing the tires on the outside or inside.

all sticks, especially sportier ones, are a little bitchy getting into gear. a simple clutch in and release while in neutral, then another try will work 99.99% of the time. don't force it.

i would have to guess on the other stuff, but i would put dollars to donits that the rattling is a function of the aftermarket shifter
stuff. I've never used or seen a kartboy, but that in combination with a knob sounds like the most likely source. isn't the kartboy a relatively inexpensive option as far as SS's go?

email me if you want to ask more stuff, I'm pretty close to you (what like an hour and a half? im at I-95) so if worse comes to worse, maybe we can meet somewhere so i can take a peek.

dR

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
DR, to the rescue ! :D

It should be known that the internal trunklid lever can be disabled with a switch on the trunklid release. Flip it to one position and the lever inside the car opens the trunk. Flip it to the other position and the lever does nothing. This is for when you give the valet your car and the "valet" key. You flip the lever to the "key only" mode and then he can't open your trunk because his key doesn't open the trunk or the glove box.

-Jim

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sure why not. Hey have either you or Dark Rex installed gauges yet? I wanna put that nice gauge holder where the clock is and put in some nice gauges but I think it will be really hard. THanks again.

·
Registered
376 Posts
hi there knight rider... i see you have turboxs bov would that be the type h???? is it loud?? can YOU control when the psssh goes off??? do you like it? why or why not?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I do, I like it a lot, uggh it just goes off anywhere from 2800 rpm to redline when you disengage the throttle. It's cool.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Knight, I have the factory gauge package installed by the dealership. I don't think installing the Defi Gauge holder is too hard. You just have to get some wires and vaccum lines through the firewall. Of course, I'd rather work under the hood than inside the car, so that's why the dealership installed mine! I plan to do my EGT and Fuel/Air gauges myself in the spring, so I'll be figuring out how to get more stuff through the firewall and up to the a-pillar. Not my idea of a good time!

-Jim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts