Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i 've been driving my rex around for a few weeks when i noticed teh problem: i drove my friends car, and the steering wheel was a lot easier to turn; when i got back in my car, i had to use both hands to get the car to turn in the parking lot. i now believe my power steering has gone out! i checked the fluid, and there doesn't appear to be a leak, and i don't have any good time in the near future to bring the car into the shop to get it fixed. what can i do in the meantime?

·
Registered
218 Posts
what kind of car does your friend drive. different cars have totally different feels with power steering. like my dads volvo you can drive with one finger at all times even in parking lots. has this been happening since youve got the car from the dealer or just recently?

i think the power steering is a little tuff but i like it like that. if the power steering is really shot you will definantly now it when your not moving.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
The WRX does have pretty heavy steering, but you should be able to turn the wheel when stopped without breaking a sweat. The power assist is also speed sensitive, so who knows where the problem lays.

-Jim

·
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the info guys, but i think this should give u an idea of how shot the power steering is: when im at a dead stop like at a stoplight, i literally can't turn the wheel much more than a few INCHES before it becomes impossible to turn, even while using both hands. im now sure that the power steering is gone, and im having it taken into the shop on friday, so i'll post updates then.

im thinking the problem is that something is blocking the fluid, because i checked the levels and its at full, so there can't be a leak. at least thats my guess

1 - 4 of 4 Posts