ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i drove to NYC for new years this year. anyway when i got there my power steering started to get really bad after all the long driving. I checked my fluids and they seem good. Prolly a little old. Going to flush soon. When i turn the wheel all the way to the left or right the var makes a screeching noise like a belt that has been on for two long. I can make small turns at ease but when i try to park or u turn its hard and getting harder. Are these the signs of my pump going out? Should i take the pump off and see if its the O rings? I know im not the only one having this problem...

On too the next problem. So on the way back form NYC i am driving at about 75 mph for about 300 miles at this point and the check engine light came on. It made it home alright so i know its not a huge problem. Today at autozone they told me that its control system vent control function problem. Possibly a short, poor electrical problem, or a failed solenoid. Does anyone know where this is? Or what could be going on? I have tuned it with the cobb AP too economy mode which cuts the balls off my car for effiency, so you think maybe this could have caused a confusion with the ECU?

Any insight on these would be greatly appreciated. Im trying to fix asap!

LEMME KNOW!!!!!

Thanks guys

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh and its the EVAP control system vent control. Not exactly sure what that is but if any could help that could be amazing i dont like check engine lights

1 - 2 of 2 Posts