Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody recognize this plastic piece???

Started having a power steering leak issue and finally narrowed the drip down to this but I cannot find any parts online that are plastic.

Was hoping that a bottle of Stop Leak would fix the issue but the more I try to find it, the more I am thinking it could be the whole assembly needing to be replaced.

Any help would be awesome!!!

Attachments

·
Water.....sometimes waves
1,612 Posts
The PS lines are all metal. While I do not instantly recognize that plastic piece, it looks like just some sort of separator/vibration barrier thing. My guess is it would come with a new oem line.
I have had PS lines just corrode and leak............

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry for not posting an update to this issue ......

I put half a bottle of stop leak and it slowed the rate at which i was losing fluid considerably ...

When it got low again, i put the rest of the bottle in and it slowed it down a little more ...

Finally took the car to a shop to have it resolved .........

and they had 3 technicians look at it 3 different times and no leak could be found, so kind of a good result but i would have rather dealt with the issue 100% for sure ... they asked that next time it gets low to bring it in and they can check again (considering doing that since they did not charge me for having the car for a week and checking on it)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts