Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My power steering fluid started leaking, which I first noticed when I saw white smoke trailing out the back on the highway. Then the steering went.

I stopped by the dealer to get it fixed which they did pretty quickly. But they wanted to charge me $75 bucks because they said the leak was caused by the aftermarket uppipe installation !?
Something about the power steering line being unloosened during the uppipe removal. From I-club I'm pretty sure that the loose power steering line is a common problem among MY02 WRX's.

I had the uppipe done by a local mechanic, and I'm fairly sure that the dealer is full of it. What do you think? Is it necessary to loosen any power steering lines during the uppipe install?

·
Registered
63 Posts
F**king STEALERS. They just got $75 out of you. You should have grabbed the service guy by his neck. The local dealer here always tries pulling that crap. It takes me a good 10 minutes each time to explain to the 2 or 3 of them THE REAL situation with an "everyone on the block is going to hear me" raised voice!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts