Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off as the new kid, let me say nice board. As an enthusiast, its always good to see knowledgeable sites providing well rounded info.
Anyways...right now I'm in a 2000 Celica GT-S (six speed), but I'm seriously considering making the switch to the Rex for various (and in some cases obvious) reasons. I just spent the last hour or so going back over posts, so I'll try to refrain from asking the obvious.
I've already been for a test drive, checked out available mods, heard the horror stories about dealerships/warranties, etc, but I'm still pretty much sitting on the fence so to speak. My main concern is what appears to be SOA's view on voiding the warranty. If a boost controller is going to void the warranty, I might as well buy a car with no warranty and avoid the initial off-the-lot depreciation hit. Is it really as bad as it seems?

·
Registered
554 Posts
if you are concerned about the warranty as i am, see the service manager and get his stance on what you want to do. Some of the shops will just turn there head, while others will try and ream you for an aftermarket boost gauge. Also don't believe the sales guy if he says they are a mod friendly shop, you want to hear it from the service dept. Hope that helps a little.

And Good Luck on your new WRX?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Hey we can fit one more in the back of the car :) . I think. Just kidding. Have fun and I hope you get a car we all will like :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome. Still haven't completely made up my mind yet. My other considerations are a 97-98 240SX to S15 conversion, a MkII MR2, or a 97-99 Mitsu GSX. Regardless of what I pick though I think I might stick around. I like your guys' sense of humor. :D

·
Registered
400 Posts
Keep this in mind. Any new car you get and start to mod you run the risk of it affecting your warranty. With a new car you will also get the benifit of knowing what the car has been through though. You will know it had the proper break in, the oil changed on time and how hard its been driven. I guess what I'm trying to say is even without a warranty it's still a new car, and if it's a WRX than you have yourself the perfect platform for whatever kind of machine you want. Or in my case can muster up the money to do to it.

You may read alot of complaining but at last count I don't know of anyone who would give theirs up.

RIDE ON! :cool:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
antirice,
nice to see you on this board, i go to newcelica.org also under datdudedennis. i am also considering the wrx, please mom come through!!!!! im getting a car next febuary so only about 5 more months

dennis

1 - 11 of 11 Posts