Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am looking to buy a sports sedan and have always liked Subarus. I do not believe there is a better awd system on the roads and also like that the WRX STI comes in manual form (most do not). However, I would really like to up the total horsepower figure to 425-450 (crank). I know there are tune shops for other cars (Hennessey and lingenfelter are big ones) that install full power packages and was wondering if there was an equivalent for Subarus? I am willing to spend $10-$12k to get to these figures if I purchase one as long as I can go through a shop that builds up the weak points so that it can be daily driven. The big appeal to me of a Subaru is that it can be driven (and likes to be) in all climates.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
To clarify - I would be satisfied with 325 or so WHP (around 380-400 crank?) If it was more feasible to do reliably. I just know nothing about these engines and drivetrains.

·
Super Moderator
11,442 Posts
Iag performance comes to mind

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Iag performance comes to mind
thank you! I reached out to them. I forgot how much lighter this car is than what I am used to - I think 325-350 whp would be plenty. It seems like it would be a mid 12s car in the 1/4 (I am buying this for handling though - not drag racing)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts