ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't race, but sometimes I have to go slightly fast and I'm just paranoid of all those unmarked police cars and trucks. If you have spotted unmarked police vehicles in Washington (other than the obvious Ford Crown Vics and such), please post the descriptions of them here for some of us that might find this info helpful ;) .

Here is my list:

Vehicle: Yellow Mercury Cougar with WW body kit and twin exhaust & tints (saw a black "police interceptor" sticker on the back).

Vehicle: Yellow Beetle (saw him pulled over somone with blue/red lights flashing, swear to god) all stock appearance.

Vehicle: Green Volvo (not sure about model) with blue/red lights hidden behind the front grill. Also saw sergeant stripes on the driver's shoulder.

Vehicle: Dark blue 2002ish Chevrolet Blazer with tints and chrome aftermarket wheels, and hidden blue/red lights behind front grill. Actually got pulled over by one so I know he's out there :) .

Vehicle: Numerous Dodge Inteprets and Sebrings, mostly gray or burgundy and all stock apperace with tints. NEVER speed pass one of these unless you know what you're doing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
yeah i pretty much aim to never be the fastest car coming along if there is anything newish driving around....if its old and beat up ill blow past it but barely

mike

·
Registered
30 Posts
My buddy and I were coming back from dirt biking at Rock Candy MT. in Olympia, on the way home there was what looked like a early 90's berreta on the shoulder with two troopers in uniform radaring down the highway!! It was crazy!!:eek3:

·
Registered
158 Posts
my biggest nightmarish unmarked was a 1990 something blue Ford AeroStar minivan. I hate most minivans and their drivers and I used to like blowing past them.

my tip, usually if you're cruisin' make sure to check back windows if you can. you might see to rectangles, just waiting to flash red and blue. Saved myself a few times.

another one i saw in the same I-5 area was a stock 2004 blue Ford Expedition. I saw the rectangles in the back as i was coming up and slowed down because i was curious about them. realized what they were and i as i crept by, noticed the hidden red and blues behind the grill.

buncha dirty protectors of society.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Lots of the new model Monte Carlo unmarked with tinted windows in Kitsap County that are run by the Wash State Patrol.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I talked to my buddy who works at a traffic safety school in Seattle. He gets to be around state troopers all the time. He said that some of them drive around in taxi-lookalike crown vics! Although they are not allowed to pull over people and give tickets, they are only out there to radio other state troopers to pull speeders over.

My buddy also said that some troopers drive around in pimped out Neons with dark tints and chrome wheels. He said most of those pimped out state patrol vehicles are police impounded vehicles from drug dealers and such. :eek3:

·
Registered
498 Posts
watch out for a gold dodge sport truck with black, i mean black windows, and they are using monte carlos too

1 - 9 of 9 Posts