ClubWRX Forum banner

361 - 380 of 393 Posts

·
Water.....sometimes waves
2,175 Posts
My 14 year old daughter bought herself a dirt bike. 2006 KX85
Best thing is...... I fit on it! (for light duty riding)

image.jpg

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
My 14 year old daughter bought herself a dirt bike. 2006 KX85
Best thing is...... I fit on it! (for light duty riding)

View attachment 288034
That is a cool story, for real! Any riding background/future directions for her?

·
Water.....sometimes waves
2,175 Posts
Mycologist: No. She just wanted a dirt bike. She wants to go to Stanford and medical school and she plays clarinet in the high school band. I have no idea y she wanted a dirt bike. But she loves it. :dontknow:

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
lol, I had an xr-80 at around that age, but played saxophone instead.

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
That thing is ****ing sexy. Enough so I had to window shop a bit.

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
The Italian's know what the hell they are doing.
I have been wondering, whether my wife, might not notice the difference between a red Monster and my SV,....

Seriously though, I need to decide at this point if I am putting $1100 into the SV for Italian front fork cartridges and a rear Ohlins or if I'm better off moving on instead.

·
Village Idiot
3,469 Posts
I have been wondering, whether my wife, might not notice the difference between a red Monster and my SV,....

Seriously though, I need to decide at this point if I am putting $1100 into the SV for Italian front fork cartridges and a rear Ohlins or if I'm better off moving on instead.
I firmly believe in buying the bike that fits needs as opposed to buying a bike then modifying to fit needs. I don't believe in modifying the ergonomics of a bike beyond what the factory intent. I think it defeats the purpose of the bike purchased, for street riding and cruising uses. Obviously it's a little different if you purchase a bike for racing or stunting.

FWIW, I'm in love with my Monster. If not for financial reasons, I'd keep it. But unfortunately that isn't the case. :/

·
Æternum
20,658 Posts
Looks great! This thread deserved a revival. Thanks for the bump!

Incidentally, I took my bimmer out on errands today -- it was a pretty mild 50degF this afternoon in Maryland. I've got some fantastic riding roads right off the front doorstep of my new(ish) house.

I'm not sure I've posted pictures of my BMW in this thread yet.

Meet Dougie. Dougie is a 1983 BMW R80RT with dual front disk brakes and stiffener option. This bike was my late fathers' that I've been slowly restoring with genuine BMW parts -- YES BMW dealerships can still get me various OEM parts for this bike. Crazy.

Here is Dougie at some marina (Annapolis maybe?):

Dougie at Point Lookout State Park:

Dougie trying to win a trophy at a classic bike show (he didn't):

Here's Dougie taking a History lesson at Gettysburg historic battlefield:

·
Æternum
20,658 Posts
I have always loved the look of Victory bikes.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Æternum
20,658 Posts

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,284 Posts
I like how tall the cylinders look.

361 - 380 of 393 Posts