ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’m in the market for a new car and looking at 2 in particular, the 2020 Subaru WRX premium with the performance package (short shifter, recaro seats and Brembo brakes) and the 2020 Honda Civic Si. Now before everyone goes jumping down my throat about how different they are keep in mind, I know lol. But when researching both vehicles it’s very hard to find anything on either vehicle new. Probably because they haven’t been out long enough for someone to write a poor review because of an issue. Here is my dilemma though. All the reviews I’m seeing on 2015-2019 WRX’s are pretty poor. Clutch issue here, synchros there, transmission transmission transmission. I do see some positive reviews but overwhelmingly they are poor. My biggest fear is diving into one of these cars and having similar issues. Can anyone offer any feedback on theirs? Any issues? If so what kind of issues and on what year? I also know that this is the last year this engine will be used and do you think it smarter to wait on the 2021’s? Any advice either way would help me tremendously and will be greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What exactly are you getting the car for ? Daily ? Modd it to make more power?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It would be a daily for now. Coming from a 2008 Toyota Corolla S it’s night and day. It produces more than enough stock power for me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Like if your going to daily the car. Do some slight mods like stage 2 with a pro tune. Yeah I would say go with the WRX all day. Super fun car. I have had 2 of them. If your looking to try and get a lot more power out of it. I would say go for a different car than a WRX and a SI.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Like if your going to daily the car. Do some slight mods like stage 2 with a pro tune. Yeah I would say go with the WRX all day. Super fun car. I have had 2 of them. If your looking to try and get a lot more power out of it. I would say go for a different car than a WRX and a SI.

Power isn’t the issue, it’s all the reviews saying it’s an unreliable car and has engine and transmission issues. That’s what makes me nervous to pull the trigger

·
Registered
6 Posts
From what I was told by a friend who works at Subaru is that the wrx will have the same motor next year
But the STI will have an FA that comes in the Subaru ascent that will make 350-360hp.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Honestly the cars are very reliable. Yeah there deff more delicate than a Honda that’s for sure. But I have no issues with all 3 Subaru’s i have had. A lot of the problems come with trying to get more horsepower. The car from factor is reliable tho. And very fun lol

·
Premium Member
10,806 Posts
Subaru has had some flaws in the past. It's not unheard of for catastrophic engine failure within warranty. Not common, but not rare. The fa20 seems to have held up better.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Subaru has had some flaws in the past. It's not unheard of for catastrophic engine failure within warranty. Not common, but not rare. The fa20 seems to have held up better.
The Fa20 is in the STI right? I’m looking at just a premium WRX

1 - 12 of 12 Posts