ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey just looking for input on what you guys all think of this...I am putting it together right now and I will be printing it tonight...it should look quite abit better than this quick photoshop.

Please post any input:

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
That looks awesome!!:eek:

You need an aluminum spoiler, some neons, and stickers of companies that you don't own any parts from. Nice, you already got altezzas :thumbup: Maybe some spinners, and your car will be perfect. Go to pep boys;)

·
Registered
606 Posts
Flames are very tricky....especially for the WRX. I think it can be pulled off.....BUT it's going to be really hard to make it look right. Since your car is black.....I think it would come out alright if you did like a dark silver type graphic and match it with Gunmetal wheels with a polished lip. As is though it's not going to come out right. No offense, but with stock wheels it's just not going to come out the way you will expect it. I would do some sketches first if I were you...and then pick a set of wheels, do some photoshopping then get a final picture of what you like before you print the graphics. Just my though, but it's your car and whatever floats your boat.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I'm guessing with that AEM sticker came some sort of intake?

Everyone is being harsh but trust us, it's not going to come out right, and you seem to have the wrong idea about modifying your car. As long as you're happy... :eek:

·
Registered
500 Posts
Please Please Please dont, that is just about as trashy and ricey as you can get! But hey, its your car, so do whatever makes you happy! :) :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
WOW! I didn't expect so many negative replies...well that is what I was looking for, honesty. But really, some of you guys need to lay off, I was asking a question about the graphics.

The picture I used in the photoshop above IS my car...This is the photo the guy I bought it from sent to me before I flew out to RI to bring it home...It now has the stock tail lights and I removed the AEM sticker, AND intake.

Both of these things were taken care of days after I got home. If you need me to take a more recent picture of the car so you aren't so confused by the gheyness, then let me know.

;)

Thanks for the input, on the graphics though, I don't know that it suits the car either, I am just doing a trial run. See, I own a company that has been in business for about 4 years and we have focused soley on building signage and graphic design. At the begining of the year we picked up a large format printer and we have been doing vehicle wraps...I wanted to find a niche in the marked with the graphics. I thought some kids that don't want to drop 2g's on a paint job might be interested in a $300-$400 graphics job instead. Just testing the waters...but I should have known the people have more taste then my projected market. Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
By the way this was my insparation:
I know it is a totally different vehicle, I guess I didn't pull it off right:

·
Registered
803 Posts
It might look OK if you have someone that can do the flames right. As the other guy said, flames are very tricky.

I think there is too much flame in your photoshop above, it just doens't flow with the car very well.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The guys are harsh but they mean well. I love flames on cars too man, SCC magazine has a civic that's black with flames. See if u can find it on the website for a taste of what it might look like on an import. Now of course I wouldn't put a civic in the same category as a rex because that could get me soaked in gasoline and torched but I just wanna see ole boy's dream become a reality. There are lots of graphic designs that would look good on a wrx and if u can work the flames go for it. Definately an original idea with the wrx because flames are usually reserved for anything with a big block. Good luck.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The guys are harsh but they mean well. I love flames on cars too man, SCC magazine has a civic that's black with flames. See if u can find it on the website for a taste of what it might look like on an import. Now of course I wouldn't put a civic in the same category as a rex because that could get me soaked in gasoline and torched but I just wanna see ole boy's dream become a reality. There are lots of graphic designs that would look good on a wrx and if u can work the flames go for it. Definately an original idea with the wrx because flames are usually reserved for anything with a big block. Good luck.

·
Registered
606 Posts
That lightning looks really good. I think they did a great job on that one. Experiment a little more with the angles of the flames and also with the amount of fire, the length of the flames, etc. It could look good with some time put into it, but as is now it's nowhere near as good as the Lightning. (just being honest, not trying to sound harsh)

·
Registered
461 Posts
jdwinters said:
It now has the stock tail lights and I removed the AEM sticker, AND intake.
You are that car's hero. I hope you burned the Altezzas.

As far as graphics...you will definitely be able to generate some business with the younger set. I don't know that flames would work but you can certainly come up with other packages that would. Good luck to you!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, here it is. I definately liked it more when it was just an idea in my head. I don't really care for the way it came out.

Oh well, back to the drawing board...Any ideas anyone may have or pictures of cool paint jobs, please let me know, keep in mind...I don't care for the whole graphics on a car. I like my car solid!

But I am trying to run a business, so if anyone has any ideas of graphics I may print please, let me know.

(by the way, please no one ask for day shots. the graphics are being removed as we speak...this is the best picture I got, and there will be no more! Sorry!)

-on another note: Notice the AEM box on the shelf...the intake is safley inside where it belongs for anyone else who has anything to say...by the way, I am taking offers on a box of some blue piping if anyone is interested, it can be used for various household craft projects. let me know if interested. :p )

1 - 20 of 33 Posts