ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took my vehicle in for the 30k service 3K miles ago. Since then I have had a couple of things pop up that should have been caught or, may have been caused by the servicing.

1) AC belt squeak - It's infrequent and hard to catch but loud and annoying when it happens.
2) Invoice had mis-labeled the spark plugs as RS plugs.. or are they :confused1 .
3) They supposedly upgraded my ecu codes, but I recently had to send it back to subaru for re-programming!!

What do you guys think I should say to the dealer? I have another dealer close to my work place which seeeeems more accomodating, so I don't have to go to this one anymore, but should I still give them a bit of hell?

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, either I'm dreaming or they said one thing and printed another on the invoice. I suspect the later, it doesn't say computer updates, but I'm pretty sure that's what they said. Bah, It's all fixed now (except for belts that I'll do myself).

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, you have to realize this does not involve me handing over cash, but dropping off my car and driving a cheap loaner is something I would rather not do. As I said though, it's all good now except for that squeak, that I'll use my little voice recorder to prove so I don't get them saying they can't hear it so I have to leave it overnight or go back another day when it gets unbearable.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
When it starts up *sometimes* it squeals like a piggy, but then afterwards it just goes cheep, cheep. Of course I won't bother with the recorder now, I'll just fix it my self.

·
Registered
907 Posts
for the squeek, go to your local auto parts store, and get some belt drressing...should be a in a spraycan. place some towels on your fenders in the centrafugal center of the belt assy. and spray a little on while the car is idling after warm up. the reason for the towels is to not get the splatter from the dressing on your paint...its a bioch to get off. and DONT SPRAY TOO MUCH!! A lil goes a long ways!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts