Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have '14 Crosstrek 5-speed (manual). Running aftermarket wheels and BF All-Terrains. Want to return this lease car in the fall (2017).

And get a WRX AND put these wheels/tires off the XV onto the WRX.

Rubber sizes seem the same (225/55R17 n 235/45R17): Overall diameter difference? Wheel back-spacing? Room for WRX brakes?

PLUS how about the Subaru's aftermarket items ... rack bars, trays, etc.? And the U-Hail 2-inch hitch?

Have that need for extra horsepowers ...

Later ... from San Felipe, Baja CA ...

Attachments

· Not a mod... or is he? Or, is he not?
15,787 Posts
Are you just asking if tires will swap? Converting the entire car would cost you as much as a new one

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

· Registered
59 Posts
If you're talking rim/tire swap, they should fit. Unless you get an STI with the Brembo brakes which is the usual reason for wheel clearance issues.

FYI:
235/45-17 = 25.33 inches high
225/55-17 = 26.74 inches high

This is a difference of 5.6% in height. Not sure how that would affect tires at full lock to the left or right.

· Registered
768 Posts
I don't think anything will work with the WRX. Not rated to pull anything, so a 2" hitch is useless (can put on a 1.25" hitch for a bike carrier, nothing else really. No OEM roof rails or racks.

Much as I like the WRX I wish it were more versatile for roof accessories, etc. I'd be into a Crosstrek with a turbo engine, or a Crosstrek/WRX hybrid, i.e., a WRX with more ground clearance, more offroad and sport capabilities.

· For External Use Only
3,884 Posts
It sounds like you're wanting an off-road capable WRX.. which is doable... but you'll be swapping a lot more than wheels and tires.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.