Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so to start off i have a 2020 WRX. I am running an off the shelf COBB stage one HWG with a muffler delete so pretty much stock with a tune. And recently with the weather getting much hotter I noticed in second gear right after boost kicks in I have like a squeal for a split second and then it’s gone. Boost doesn’t vary hold strong. I have attached a video of the sound. Sorry if this has already been discussed but, I am new here so take it easy one me.

if any one has any ideas let me know. I have checked the clamps on the TB and the intercooler.

·
Æternum
15,516 Posts
Can you please produce a datalog with the following parameters?

RPM
Calculated Load
A/F Learning 1
A/F Correction 1
Dynamic Advance Multiplier
Throttle Position

Just drive around as normal.

·
Æternum
15,516 Posts
It is probably absolutely nothing, so we're going to do some cold hard math and find out for sure :)

·
Æternum
15,516 Posts
Can you make the access Public please?

I'm not in the habit of handing out my personal e-mail publicly.

·
Æternum
15,516 Posts
Good news is I'm not seeing anything that jumps out at me.

A gross vacuum leak would cause significant perturbations in the AF Learning.

That said, it is possible that you have a boost leak that does not turn into a vacuum leak with negative manifold pressure. These are trickier to track down.

You said you flashed an HWG map - why? Do you live at high altitude?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The normal waste gate the boost was all over the place. It drove a lot better on the HWG mad seems happier if that make sense.

·
Super Moderator
10,919 Posts
The normal waste gate the boost was all over the place. It drove a lot better on the HWG mad seems happier if that make sense.
Your boost should fluctuate some. Temperature, altitude changes etc. Not to mention the fa20f has a tendency to show random high boost spikes

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It holds better and just felt smoother so I ran the normal on for months but the HWG tune just ran so much better. Still wonder what that sounds it and it only will do it when it’s hot so maybe something with the AC pump or power steering idk but as long as the data log looks good then I’ll just keep an eye on it.

·
Super Moderator
10,919 Posts
It holds better and just felt smoother so I ran the normal on for months but the HWG tune just ran so much better. Still wonder what that sounds it and it only will do it when it’s hot so maybe something with the AC pump or power steering idk but as long as the data log looks good then I’ll just keep an eye on it.
Quantify better.

·
Æternum
15,516 Posts
power steering
Unlikely the power steering as you don't have a hydraulic pump.

I would again reference my request for you to perform a datalog in a 3rd gear pull, full throttle. You can log the same parameters as before.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts