Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started a couple days ago. Not 100% sure exactly where to start as i am new to the imported boost life. Car is an ‘03 WRX Ej205. I am running into some intermittent boost lag. Normally you can feel the boost kick in and pull at about 3,000. But shes been temperamental and it can happen within a 5 mile drive where she boosts like she should and then ill hit a stop light. Take off again and she wont boost until 4,500-5,000. The Greddy BOV Ive got is a good sign when boost is built or not built. When being normal i can roll around town in third gear popping the bov like nobody’s business. But when shes not boosting, there is only the tiny whir/whistle that you hear normally at lower rpm before its built big boost. Unfortunately i am waiting on a boost gauge in the mail to see what is exactly happening but as far as i can tell i know that it is either serious boost lag or a boost leak somewhere... just not sure where to start. Maybe someone has seen this before and can point me in the right direction?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts