ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand the poser value of badging a car that isn't (STI for example) But you guys have got to admit that the pink subaru emblem on the grill looks pretty sweet on a blue WRX. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
This has been talked about forever. I got a Pink i for my WR Blue car and will be putting it on. Their is nothing wrong with putting a STI sticker or badge on if you have a STI part.

·
1,816 Posts
personally i want to find the blue star cluster emblem to replace the factory black one, saw one on a WR blue WRX who incendentally had their grill painted blue as well. I wouldnt paint my grill blue, but that blue cluster looks sweet!

-c

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
blue cluster

Hey fengshui,

If you ever find that blue cluster put some pics up I might be interested.

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
GonzoWRX said:
I understand the poser value of badging a car that isn't (STI for example) But you guys have got to admit that the pink subaru emblem on the grill looks pretty sweet on a blue WRX. What do you guys think?
I dunno about the pink, I've never really liked it. Blue OTOH looks good, and probably always will. .02

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Pink is the traditional subie color for the WRX STi, but I wouldnt put it on my car, Ill be using the Blue "i" emblem instead. Plus its rare to find anyone that knows about our cars so they'll probably think your gay or something for having a pink emblem heh.

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
Nexus6 said:
Pink is the traditional subie color for the WRX STi, but I wouldnt put it on my car, Ill be using the Blue "i" emblem instead. Plus its rare to find anyone that knows about our cars so they'll probably think your gay or something for having a pink emblem heh.
I've always thought the same thing but I didn't want to be the first one to mention it. Thanks Nex!

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
I say screw what other people think and do what you like.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
fengshui said:
personally i want to find the blue star cluster emblem to replace the factory black one, saw one on a WR blue WRX who incendentally had their grill painted blue as well. I wouldnt paint my grill blue, but that blue cluster looks sweet!

-c
Please don't pay for a blue cluster like that. Take off your badge with a thin bladed screwdriver wrapped in tape, remove black paint with fingernail polish remover, and paint it blue.

I'd post pics of mine, but I don't have any currently and don't have a digi cam.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Pink vs. Yellow

Nexus6 said:
Looking at the new STi Genome aftermarket parts and accessories in the new Japanese magazines, it seems like there is now yellow painted trim. For example, the STi strut bar with the pink ends, are now yellow. I'll have to dig up that mag and see exactly what else will be yellow...

B

·
1,816 Posts
I guess I could use the same code paint as my car, what is the code for Blue Ridge Pearl?

-c

wrxinthehouse said:

Please don't pay for a blue cluster like that. Take off your badge with a thin bladed screwdriver wrapped in tape, remove black paint with fingernail polish remover, and paint it blue.

I'd post pics of mine, but I don't have any currently and don't have a digi cam.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
I just used some WRBP touch up paint that I got free from the dealer. Do you need the paint code for World Rally Blue Pearl, because I could get that off the bottle of touch up paint later if you still need it.

·
Registered
747 Posts
In the engine bay

fengshui said:
I guess I could use the same code paint as my car, what is the code for Blue Ridge Pearl?

-c

Pop your hood and look at the silver plate next to the driver-side strut mount. You'll see your chassis and paint code along with others...

B

1 - 17 of 17 Posts