Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
ebr0t said:
and what the crap is that thing on the passenger seat near where a persons left knee would be, a handle? who would hold a handle there?
I think it is there to hold on to when the optional 400+ HP version scares the ish out of the driver and passenger when it is released :eek:

I can just see it now in all the "xxx versus all" forums out there..........."Porsche Cayenne SUV took me from a roll" from a roll.....:mad: :mad::(

·
Registered
559 Posts
Do you guys think this car will beat the WRX???
Its a big vehicle..
Thanks
Tuca

·
Registered
115 Posts
The 450 bhp Cayeene Turbo with a 6-speed will be a little bit slower than the 911 Turbo. I would guess a 4.5 - 5 second 0-60 time.

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
Porsche just keeps proving it time and again: they should just stick to building 911s! Everything else they have built since has either been crap (924) or just not particularly special (944, Boxster). And the whole "I think I'm macho driving my big truck. Nobody slap me upside the head and make me realize it's just a minivan" thing should be avoided at all costs by companies that wish to maintain a performance image.

C

·
Registered
577 Posts
tuca33 said:
Do you guys think this car will beat the WRX???
Its a big vehicle..
Thanks
Tuca
To be honest, I think it will...the turbo version that is......:(

·
Registered
115 Posts
GV27 said:
Porsche just keeps proving it time and again: they should just stick to building 911s! Everything else they have built since has either been crap (924) or just not particularly special (944, Boxster). And the whole "I think I'm macho driving my big truck. Nobody slap me upside the head and make me realize it's just a minivan" thing should be avoided at all costs by companies that wish to maintain a performance image.

C
Drive a boxster before ragging on it. You think your WRX handles well, try a boxster with the factory sport suspension. Simply amazing. Oh, and from 60 mph, a Boxster S comes to a complete stop in 103 feet, which is supercar status. The Boxster has also gotten a facelift for 2003 and personally I think it is a great looking car. OK, I'm going to stop now...

·
Registered
559 Posts
Can a boxter win a WRX???
I heard people saying the boxster is not that fast..
how they run the 1/4 mile with their best engine option??
and the 0 to 60mph??
Thanks
Tuca

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
tuca33 said:
Can a boxter win a WRX???
I heard people saying the boxster is not that fast..
how they run the 1/4 mile with their best engine option??
and the 0 to 60mph??
Thanks
Tuca
tuca, car-stats.com has all this info but ill go ahead and get it for ya

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
Car-Stats.com Report for 2001 Porsche Boxster S
Obtained from MT August, 2001
0-60: 5.4 Transmission: Manual
1/4 Mile: 13.9
1/4 Speed: 100

thats what they got for it 2001 model

·
Registered
559 Posts
The S is the better one??
Ok,,so the WRX is very close,,and with light mids we could eat them.
Thanks
Tuca

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
tuca33 said:
The S is the better one??
Ok,,so the WRX is very close,,and with light mids we could eat them.
Thanks
Tuca
yea the S is the faster one. light mods could beat em. top end they probably would still beat us

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'm sure that it will be fast but... I really don't see the point to a fast SUV. How well is this tall vehicle going to handle? To me, it's the equivalent of Lamborghini giving their Diablo 8 inches of ground clearance and adding knobby tires so that it is capable of going off-road.

·
Registered
0 Posts
The cayenne porsche claims will have sprtscar handeling, probably much like that of the BMW X-5 lemans edition with the v12 which beat the z8 in a track course. But dang thats a lot of freaking power, not the greatest looking but neither was the WRX at first, in time it may grow on you just as the WRX face grew on me.

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
That's the downfall of Porsche, in my opinion.

It sucks that you must stay competitive like that to retain market share in the industry, and I could never imagine Porsche releasing such a vehicle. When Mercedes and BMW both released SUVs to stay competitve, I knew it was just for that...to stay competitive. And now Porsche...bah...to me it ruins their imagine of being badass. But I guess money is the leading cause of this, and times like these you do what you got to do in order to keep your head above water...I just wish that they didn't have to resort to that.

That isn't a Porsche, that's a car that Porsche put their name on to raise some money. :(

1 - 20 of 43 Posts