Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving back to school tonight after getting some late night chicken wings at Cluck U in Towson. I'm doing about 45 in a 40 zone (long, flat, lights every 1200' or so) and a white Porsche 944 flies past me doing 90. I stop next to him at the next light and see Turbo on the back. He revs a little and I hear a BOV, so I'm guessing he had some aftermarket stuff done to it. I had one passenger in my car, 180lbs plus me, 160lbs. He was about 40 yrs old with his GF. He kept looking over at me then looking back at her smiling and laughing at me. When the light turned I slipped it around 4k and got a decent launch, he kept right up in first and second, nobody was pulling at all. At third I pulled about 1/4 car length on him, and held there. We had to shut down right then because another light was approaching. I opened my window and asked him what he had done and stuff, and to say good race, but he refused to respond, and took a right turn. What a jackass, but a really fun race, with a really equal car. I'm sure it would have been different from a roll though......

·
Registered
6 Posts
nice kill. I love it when old people think that they are bad ass and then get rocked by a family sedan. Most of the old people i play around with actually talk to me. good race.

·
Registered
189 Posts
He definetly had mods if he was that even with you. I raced one with just my MBC once and put the smackdown on it.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, a little update here:

I did some research last night and identified the car as an 89 Turbo, which is actually the same as the previous Turbo S versions. This means that he had the 250hp/258lbs/ft engine, not the standard 217 hp engine. Those things will run 13.9-14.3 out of the box, so my guess is that was what he was based on my 1/4 of 13.9!

Now I see why he was REALLY pissed off :)

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
If you spent that much money on a Porshce youd be pissed to if a 25K sedan beat you.

Nice Kill

1 - 7 of 7 Posts