ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my cousin works at a engine shop ( did my old 98 s10 pickup before the v8 swap 4.3 ported heads, comp cam, 10.1 comp and 100 shot [email protected]) and we are toying with porting the heads. he does big block heads all day long and my v6 heads ported flowed more than aftermarket heads

now is there any tricks to it. he doesnt gouge it all out but ports correctly etc. are there any pics on here we can see. can you fit bigger valves in the heads

thanks guys

tony

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
I'd be leary of doing it with a "first timer" Maybe if you snagged a set of used wrx heads and tried that out first, since they are cheap as all hell, he could get some practice before working on the real deal....now I wonder who has a set of good wrx heads lying around for sale...

*raises hand* :D

·
Registered
475 Posts
Timdog1650 said:
I'd be leary of doing it with a "first timer" Maybe if you snagged a set of used wrx heads and tried that out first, since they are cheap as all hell, he could get some practice before working on the real deal....now I wonder who has a set of good wrx heads lying around for sale...

*raises hand* :D
While hardless a selfless comment :) I have to think this is a good idea. If god says its tricky I for one believe him. Buy a second set, try it out, if it works great your golden, you can always sell of the extras.

para

1 - 4 of 4 Posts