ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please list the specific parts(brand) and prices required for a 04' wrx to reach the mid 13's (cheapest)

keep in mind that the project car must maintain
-Reliability/Dailydrivability
-cost must be under a cobb stg 2 kit

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Full exhaust:
$Free Gutted stock up pipe
$200 Cheap used downpipe (anything bellmouth or divorced wastegate, I got a deal on a Bosal)
$200 Custom exhaust from the downpipe back at your local mufflershop, or you could gut the midpipe yourself and unbolt the axleback for the track.

The rest.. who knows. A manual boost controller can get you pretty close for another $20. If you want solid mid 13s, maybe headers, but to get much better you're going to need a bigger turbo. A VF22 + injectors + fuel pump + S-AFC will run about $1300 and get you in the high 12s once it's tuned.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Used Unichip for about 250. (Stg. 2)
Gutted Uppipe for free.
Used HKS downpipe 130 or so.
Used Catback on "Personal for Sale" For 50 bucks. (I forgot who the seller is)
Practice Good Launch.
I think it'll get you to solid mid 13's

-soul

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
some sort of engine management is a must. i dont know anything about EMs other than cobb...but tehres used ones up for sale right now

Gut the UP or snag a used sti from someone.

used DPs are pretty common. go with a bellmouth/divorced...hks are cheap but dont give you that feature.

used CBE like everyones saying. theres one in for sale also for 140 but it may only be axle back.

straight pipe from the DP out is a good option and cheap as well.

·
Registered
630 Posts
soulsweeper said:
Used Unichip for about 250. (Stg. 2)
-soul
Is this true though? Don't you need to get it tuned which car run anywhere from $200-$300 bucks? At that price you're better off getting an accessport and sporting a poor man's exhaust.

If you got a turboXS unichip could you get it flashed to their old stage 2 and be safe with a non-turboxs exhaust?

·
Moderating YOU, before you had your Subaru!
13,353 Posts
koji said:
Is this true though? Don't you need to get it tuned which car run anywhere from $200-$300 bucks? At that price you're better off getting an accessport and sporting a poor man's exhaust.

If you got a turboXS unichip could you get it flashed to their old stage 2 and be safe with a non-turboxs exhaust?
If the TurboXS unichip is running a base Stage 2 map, you should be just fine. It'll work fine with any catless turboback. I sold mine for $150. Thus...

Gutted stock uppipe - $0
Gutted stock downpipe - $0
Used TurboXS Stage 2 Unichip with ABC - $150
Any used catback for flow and sound - $400

$550 gets you into 13s easy.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Well technically you should need much less to break into the 13's...in the drag racing forum there is someone running a boost controller and dipping into the 13's. I think an up pipe + boost controller should be able to hit a high 13 second pass, add just a down pipe and mid 13's seem semi-reasonable.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
SERacing said:
Well technically you should need much less to break into the 13's...in the drag racing forum there is someone running a boost controller and dipping into the 13's. I think an up pipe + boost controller should be able to hit a high 13 second pass, add just a down pipe and mid 13's seem semi-reasonable.

That'd work just fine for an 02-03, but IIRC 04 ECUs don't like boost controllers.

·
Registered
399 Posts
koji said:

what I meant was BUY used UNICHIP with stage 2 already programmed. (Not that hard to find) I shopped from 3 different ppl for best pricing. And if not You can get a unichip with different stage and get it reflashed to stage you want. I forgot where, but I do have the phone number to them somewhere in my hotmail account. It's like 60 bucks or something like that. Or you can ask TurboXs for the contact info. (Since TurboXs doesn't do anything with Unichip anymore)

-soul

1 - 10 of 10 Posts