ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got a protune on my car after all my modifications were done, and the numbers came out to 301 whp and 261 wtq. It was tuned for 22 max psi, but my boost gauge never read anything close to that; all I ever saw on the gauge was about 10 psi. So I hooked up my AP and sure enough, it read the same numbers as the boost gauge. Does this sound like I could have a boost leak, or some other problem? TIA!

My mods are:

Helix dp/up
Cobb catback
Helix 660cc injectors
Deadbolt super 16g
Walbro FP
Turboxs TMIC
Perrin inlet
Cobb SF intake

·
Premium Member
6,298 Posts
I would say yes. A leak or a pinch. Did you get the data logs from your protune and if so, what boost were you getting then?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the PSI chart, and it was hitting 22 psi.

·
Premium Member
6,298 Posts
Unless you've been rumaging around in the engine bay then, you've likely popped a vacuum hose or sprung a leak.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In that case, I don't have much experience with troubleshooting problems like this...any tips???

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bump...need help

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
If you car is drastically slower then you have a leak, you will only hit target boost in wide open third.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no i've read the boost numbers in all different positions, including WOT in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. the protuned map is the one set on the AP; i'm going to check everything again today, but i doubt anything will be different.

·
Premium Member
6,298 Posts
Locate your turbo wastegate and follow the vacuum line that actuates it. This is usually the source of the problem. Be sure to bend it around to see if there are any slits/breaks that only appears when flexing the hose.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for the advice! i'm gonna check the lines later when i get the chance...i'll repost with results

·
Registered
210 Posts
Check your TB to TMIC coupling. We had to swap one at the track on an STi that was only hitting 10psi.. turns out that was the problem.

Also check all your clamps for your TMIC and Y-piping. If you still have the stock hosing there could be a leak there, and if you are leaking boost it's going to be post inlet.. otherwise your idle would be bad and you'd stall at lights with a pre-inlet leak.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks for all the replies...i'll be sure to double check everything and hopefully it'll fix the problem

1 - 14 of 14 Posts