ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I have convinced myself that Im ready for a turbo upgrade. I have been running at Stage 2 for a year or so now and it does not feel as awesome as it once did. Im leaning toward a 16g, which i will get polished, a bigger topmount, bigger injectors, walbro pump, pro-tune. I have a couple questions

1) I cant afford to do this all at once so Im planning on buying and installing the pump and intercooler first. My question is can i run both of those without getting a tune? This way i can buy the turbo and injectors when I can afford to get a tune as well.

2) What size injectors do i need? and what are some reputable 16gs out there? what size topmount?

Any help is really appreciated. Also if any of you have 16gs...how do you like them

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
what year is your car? What other mods do you have?

you can install a pump and an intercooler without tuning the car.

Injectors Id go 1000s since you wont have to replace later down the road and worry about running out of fuel.

16g? really? why?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have an 05 wrx full turbo back exhaust catless with a cobb stage 2 tune.

I understand i have to get a tune to get the full benefit of a fuel pump and bigger top mount, but will i see any gains until I save enough for the tubro/injectors?

Its my daily driver so I dont want to have to replace a tranny down the road from the 18g :wiggles:
Nah but really Im just leaning towards the quicker spool from the 16g and it still yields good power...right

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
there are plenty of people running 18gs on 5 speed transmissions. Its all in how you drive. porting/polishing isnt really going to do much for you, you could also modify an 18g to have the faster spool. you should look into the hta68 turbo.

You wont see any gains running the tmic and the fuel pump.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Blouch, all day.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Assuming the cobb tune is ots, why not upgrade fueling, tmic, maybe go ewg and get a protune? Should be a good bump without breaking the bank.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts