498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
remove ram air silencer
YES or NO
:wiggles:

·
Registered
598 Posts
yes remove it, but i would suggest getting the "silencer delete elbow" from ralliteck.com for $40 so you can retain the stock intake design.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Well it's up to you however, I had mine out for a couple weeks & sometimes I wanted a quiet car and it became an annoyance.

Plus I just wanted to hear the catless exhaust rumble without distractions.

I did like it removed but just not all the time so I put it back in.

jd

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
WRXSleeper said:
yes remove it, but i would suggest getting the "silencer delete elbow" from ralliteck.com for $40 so you can retain the stock intake design.
Damn!!! Now you guys got me thinkin about this cheap & almost free mod.

When I removed mine I also did a BOV & short air intake at the same time. There was all kinds of racket from under the hood between the silencer delete, bov, & the intake.

Now I'm starting to wonder about the elbow delete with the factory intake & no BOV. GP MOTO has the elbow for $40.00 shipped!!!

jd

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
great, im going to remove and see how i like it!!
one more quick help, is there a short cut to link where i can see exactly how remove it so if i want to put it back in i dont break it, thanx a lot!!!!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
+1 im at 18, wahoooooo!!!!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok, i was looking for sound anyway, is there any possible thing to do to hear the stock BOV at all?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
slin02 said:
what mod is this again? can I get any hp out of it? :p

ummm, read some of the top, and do a search, but it removes the stock elbow thingy....

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok, sorry, that just seems to be the response i always get from the MODs here, but dont be offended..... :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts