• Assetto Gara

Votes: 9 36.0%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2016 WRX Premium
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at some gold wheels for my winter setup, I like the Terra best as it has that tough rally wheel look, although the wife likes Assetto Gara better, what you guys think?

Terra

Assetto Gara

·
Æternum
15,551 Posts
It's a highly personal choice and I'd opt for whichever offered superior strength and lighter weight. That being said, the first set look like a throw-back to gravel-spec wheels. I like that.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
19,595 Posts
I'd buy the more reputable wheel.

·
Premium Member
12,314 Posts
I voted Terra as far as looks go to me personally.

·
Super Moderator
10,960 Posts
I don't think I can vote from Tapatalk. Both of those wheels look dandy to me. I'm partial to the gravel wheel style of the wheel and have pondered getting some braids for while

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Water.....sometimes waves
1,611 Posts
I don't think I can vote from Tapatalk. Both of those wheels look dandy to me. I'm partial to the gravel wheel style of the wheel and have pondered getting some braids for while

I like the Braids also, but man r they pricey!

·
Super Moderator
10,960 Posts
There is a reason

·
Registered
550 Posts
Completely subjective . . . but while I don't really care for either style . . . I like more of a subdued look in my cars . . . I would go with the AGs if I had to choose between the two.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I was going to get gold Terras for my white 16 and luckily they didn't carry them at my local tire rack distribution center (shipping is only free if in stock eg there is no shipping). I got the gray instead. They are a bit less interesting but the gold looks a little weird and Metalic yellowy in some pictures. It probably would work much better on a blue car though.

No complaints about the Terras in the month I've had them on. I mean they're wheels they're round and stay on the car I think they're doing their job as well as any other wheel.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
38,618 Posts
I prefer the Assettos, look more "Prodrive"'ish to me, but I also agree that you should research the reputation of the manufacturer and that particular model of wheel.

·
Premium Member
2016 WRX Premium
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I ended up getting the Assetto Gara, mostly because after waiting 3 weeks for the Terras I was told it was going to be another 2 week wait, I couldn't wait any longer to put snow tires on my car, they had the other in stock so I went with it. I should mention both these wheels are by Sparco, they are manufactured by O.Z. Wheels so they should be decent I think.

·
Æternum
15,551 Posts
I ended up getting the Assetto Gara, mostly because after waiting 3 weeks for the Terras I was told it was going to be another 2 week wait, I couldn't wait any longer to put snow tires on my car, they had the other in stock so I went with it. I should mention both these wheels are by Sparco, they are manufactured by O.Z. Wheels so they should be decent I think.
Yep. I loved my OZ wheels.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I should mention both these wheels are by Sparco, they are manufactured by O.Z. Wheels so they should be decent I think.
I went with the same logic when I purchased the Terras. It is a little weird, a budget wheel with two automotive giants putting there stamp on it. Im not sure I have more or less confidence in Sparco by OZ wheels than anything else in the price range. I did consider that the Terras are pretty beefy wheels which I figure should make them a bit more rugged.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts