Votes: 14 66.7%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which would you do?

Perrin-Wilwood kit is $575,
Includes: Wilwood Dynalite 4 piston calipers, stainless steel brake lines, street pads, mounting brackets

Stoptech kit is $499,
Includes: StopTech stainless steel brake lines for front and rear, 3 bottles of Motul 600 brake fluid, Axxis Ultimate pads for front and rear, StopTech slotted front and rear stock-sized rotors. FITS STOCK CALIPERS.

·
Registered
96 Posts
just remember, the stoptech kit is for front and rear...the Perrin-Wilwood kit is front only....I just ordered my stoptech stage 2 kit this morning...can't wait to get it

·
Banned
1,242 Posts
The only thing that bothers me about the Perrin kit is that it is not DOT approved. Why is this? Are they getting them approved?

If they were approved I'd probably already have them on my car.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The Perrin Wilwood calipers are aluminum and weigh a fraction of what the stock calipers do. I know. I just swapped them. Much less unsprung weight.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I want to bump this because I'm having a hard time deciding between these two and I wonder if there are any new/long term owners of both. Thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
The Perrin Wilwood brakes haven't been made for years. Perrin adapted stock Wilwood parts to a bracket they made. I lost one of these brackets, and since they don't support them anymore, they wouldn't help me at all. A mechanic pointed out that the P-W brakes have less swept area than the stock brakes. In fact Perrin is a terrible company to deal with since they don't support any products that they have changed or no longer make. The answer to your question should be obvious.

·
Registered
0 Posts
i hate everything perrin makes:unhappy:

thank you have a good day :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts