Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dealer where I bought my WRX from told me that the blaze yellow comes with the factory spoiler, standard. Looking at other poster's pictures, all of the blaze yellow have a spoiler. I'm curious if anyone managed to get a blaze yellow without a spoiler from any dealer? If there is, where did you buy it from? Thanks.

Erwin
1995 Impreza L (Red)
2002 Impreza WRX (B. Yellow)
p.s. My dealer was as surprised as I was when we found that the yellow I ordered came with a spoiler even though he didn't order it.
:)

G

·
Hello Erwin,

Subaru threw the spoiler on every single blaze yellow becuase those who want the yellow will pay the extra $400 even though they don't like the spoiler.

I didn't like the spoiler at first especially becuase it costs $400, but I ended up getting it anyways becuase I had no choice. Soon after I started to like the spoiler so don't waste time looking for one w/o a spoiler since they're factory standard.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi BlazinWRX..

So it's true then that the spoiler is factory standard for the yellow. Neither I nor the dealer I bought the car from knew it (I ordered it mid February), so I ended up getting it for free. I was just curious whether the "spoiler is standard on yellow" is true or just was a misunderstanding between my dealer and the manufacturing plant in Gunma prefecture.

Thanks. I'll stop my search for spoilerless yellow then...

:)

Erwin
1995 Impreza L
2002 Impreza WRX

·
Registered
211 Posts
Greetings!
I didnt't have to pay for my spoiler either. The sales rep said that it just came with it. As it turned out, when I picked up the car on Wednesday the 9th, the factory spec sheet showed a charge for the spoiler........his mistake....but I still paid MSRP for the car......so they won anyways!
I love my new rex!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts