Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I get a turbo timer with wiring harness........does it make the installation fully plug and play? Or do I have to still splice up some wires?
From what I heard HKS harness makes the turbo timer installation plug and play? True or no? Does anyone know?

·
Moderating U!
4,192 Posts
The Blitz DC TT is a PLUG & PLAY if you buy the harness for the WRX. The only wire you NEED to splice is the purple wire coming from the controller box of the TT to the pink wire underneath the parking brake. But if you want your alarm to activated while your engine is still running, then you will need to cut two wires. Here is a thread I wrote up:

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4094&highlight=purple+wire

Good luck. I think the Blitz TT is my best mod so far. And it also comes with a built in boost gauge.

Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)

·
Registered
80 Posts
KurleeDaddeeWRX said:
The Blitz DC TT is a PLUG & PLAY if you buy the harness for the WRX. The only wire you NEED to splice is the purple wire coming from the controller box of the TT to the pink wire underneath the parking brake. But if you want your alarm to activated while your engine is still running, then you will need to cut two wires. Here is a thread I wrote up:

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4094&highlight=purple+wire

Good luck. I think the Blitz TT is my best mod so far. And it also comes with a built in boost gauge.

Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)
Just wondering where you mounted your turbo timer? Would you happen to have any pics.:)

·
Registered
242 Posts
Yeah, as long as you splice the correct pink wire, right CNOFF?

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
but if he gets the HKS turbo timer, he'll need to splice a wire into the RPM sensor wire on the ECU. either way, it's not a hard thing to do...i spent more the time routing the wires through my car than anything else.

·
Moderating U!
4,192 Posts
EIonJess said:

Just wondering where you mounted your turbo timer? Would you happen to have any pics.:)
Here you go. Just stick it with double sided tape. Not too low for you eye sight either. Right in reach as well.

Good luck,

Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)

·
Registered
80 Posts
KurleeDaddeeWRX said:

Here you go. Just stick it with double sided tape. Not too low for you eye sight either. Right in reach as well.

Good luck,

Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)
thanx! Great place for it.:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts