ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the following settings with my wrx:utec stage 4, vf34, heperflow tmic, sti 565 injectors, 255fuel pump, xxtuning header/uppipe, invidia downpipe,greddy evo 2,

i don't know much about tunning. my question is that the vf34 turbo starts kicking in after 4400 rpm, is it good tunning or the boosts comes too late? the car drives like stock before 4400 rpm

thanks

·
Registered
163 Posts
your turbo starts spooling that late? if so, i'd have to say that you have a terrible tune or there's a leak like someone else said.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
silver2002 said:
the following settings with my wrx:utec stage 4, vf34, heperflow tmic, sti 565 injectors, 255fuel pump, xxtuning header/uppipe, invidia downpipe,greddy evo 2,

i don't know much about tunning. my question is that the vf34 turbo starts kicking in after 4400 rpm, is it good tunning or the boosts comes too late? the car drives like stock before 4400 rpm

thanks
have you tried using their base stage4 map off their website? it's very conservative, but you shouldn't be seeing boost that late, as everyone had said. typical is 3400 or something (give or take) after tuned for your car. 4400 is rediculous for a vf34.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
didn't even notice that, good point. a non-tuned header will definaly increase boost onset, and the car will run like sht if you ask me.

i'd suggest getting your car tuned or taking the header off until you can get to one. you could try and tune it yourself, there is a lot of info out there on the utec, but you said you weren't very good with it, so i'd just go have someone tune it for you.

you may be able to find someone who has a similar setup to you (vf34 is pretty common, even with headers) on here, naisoc, i-club, etc and see if they could send you a map. i'd pull some timing across the board even with a map based on similar mods, to be safe as every car is different.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
hahaha.... a tune is definitely needed there... My setup hits at the same time as yours, and I have similar parts, except having a bigger turbo, and FMIC.

I think you should be hitting fullboost before 4K rmps.... Around 3500 me thinks..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for all your response, even myself believe there is something wrong with the tuning, i got my first tuning with turbo runing about 3600 rmp. and cel flashs. i send the car for second tuning to adjust. and they changed it to run turbo after 4400 rpm
the car runs fine, but in my mind that just feel not right for that the turbos boosts come so late.

is the anyway i can do the tuning myself. thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
by the way, my car runs at between 17 and 18 psi (at highest)

maybe i should install the map remote control. so i can have chose different maps.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the dyno paper shows 271 whp /258 wheel tq at runing with my first tuning -maybe running at 20psi (i forgot).

today i contact the utec with my notebook. but i can't read the numbers (no ideas about those numbes). from my boost gauge it read to 1.2 or 1.3 bar highest. or about 18 psi.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
ok cuz im looking to get 300+whp if i go w/ the 34 ill prob get a 2.5 sleeved block to get a lil more power then eventually get a bigger turbo

1 - 13 of 13 Posts