ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry for the stupid question, please tell me why the Subaru still continues to produce impreza wrx wrx sti with manual transmission, when Audi has already stopped producing manual models with manual transmission since 2020. I meant that these are two brands competing in four-wheel drive?!

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
28,965 Posts
Ουσιαστικά έχει να κάνει με τις προτιμήσεις του αγοραστικού κοινού. Ο τυπικός αγοραστής θέλει το χειροκίνητο κιβώτιο, έστω κι'αν είναι αναχρονιστικό.

·
28,965 Posts
I own three cars with a manual gearbox and only two with an automatic.

·
Premium Member
10,745 Posts
Ουσιαστικά έχει να κάνει με τις προτιμήσεις του αγοραστικού κοινού. Ο τυπικός αγοραστής θέλει το χειροκίνητο κιβώτιο, έστω κι'αν είναι αναχρονιστικό.
It's all Greek to me.

Buyer preference. Also, Audi is a luxury brand marketing luxury performance. Subaru? Well they are slapping a turbo motor in an econobox and people think it's a race car.

·
28,965 Posts
Yup it’s Greek to me too.

Audi did the unthinkable and I hope someone goes to jail for this: they reintroduced the Wankel engine in their A1 hybrid electric. Previously they used a Wankel in their belt tensioners but not as a motive engine for a vehicle since the NSU Ro80.

Someone needs to go to jail.

But yes, compared to a lux or executive car
my Subaru has a clearly agricultural feel to it. Rattles, road noise, pseudo-Soviet interior materials, paint that is merely a suggestion and not an actual covering for the body, etc.

·
28,965 Posts
They are a scourge.

There is hope; they’re metal. Wankels can be melted down and recycled. I’d rather see that metal used in whaling harpoons than have Wankels in cars.

·
Æternum
20,380 Posts
The whaling harpoons are probably also more ecologically responsible than said Wankel.

·
28,965 Posts
Ugh. The universe is conspiring against me. Not only am I upset thinking about Wankels but I just got an email from the local Audi dealer — they’ll deliver to my doorstep. I guess nobody is buying VAGs nowadays. I’ll need to eat four pizzas to ease the pain. This is why last year’s trousers don’t fit this year’s arse — Wankels.

Anyway, if you hate someone in Los Angeles and want revenge, Audi of Downtown LA offers free delivery.

·
Registered
35 Posts
You asked why Subaru hasn't removed the manual transmission? Well, Subaru likes to be different, as do many of the people who drive Subarus. We are OK with not following the crowd or being like everyone else. This is America, we have many choices, and I want to keep it that way!

Buzz.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I like the feel of the clutch, rowing the gears, and feeling the car. It helps make a driver's car a driver's car. I don't ever want to own a car without one, but I feel like I won't have a choice in that matter.

Have you ever owned a manual?

·
28,965 Posts
I own both manual and automatic cars at the moment. I'm OK with either. What I'd really like is a PDK. If i were to embrace progress, that'd be it. The logical choice is a CVT but from what I've seen here Subaru did such a poor job of theirs, so IDK.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I like the feel of the clutch, rowing the gears, and feeling the car. It helps make a driver's car a driver's car. I don't ever want to own a car without one, but I feel like I won't have a choice in that matter.

Have you ever owned a manual?
^This - 110%. Could I make do with an automatic? Of course. Are automatics faster and more efficient at shifting. Of course. But I don't care - I like the manual better :)

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
If there aren't any desirable manual options in the future, I'll probably switch to a small pickup or SUV and remember "the good old days" as they were.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts